What are you drinking right now?

I think y'all missed the post about the labels being plastic and difficult to remove... :rolleyes:
Plastic or mylar? Doesn’t matter either way. Heat’em up in the oven and make the labels peel themselves off. Might need a little scotch brite to get the rest of the adhesive off. Or hold em with an oven mit and take a propane torch to ‘em. Just don’t get it too hot because you’ll stress the glass and it may explode.

Centenial Blonde Ale in my newest Pilsner glass.
20220905_171152.jpg

Citra Sapling. I think I need to rethink keg hopping for beers that I want to get really bright. It just never really clears up when still on the hops. I'll check the sixer that I bottled to see if they get any clearer. Still a tasty beer tho! Pilsner, carapils, and Citra :)
20220907_210434.jpg

Citra Sapling. I think I need to rethink keg hopping for beers that I want to get really bright. It just never really clears up when still on the hops. I'll check the sixer that I bottled to see if they get any clearer. Still a tasty beer tho! Pilsner, carapils, and Citra :).

Another Rapier Wit. Must get the Summer Blonde bottled soon so I can try it out. 3-4 days and most anything I put under my magic stairs is carbed nicely. Just gotta take care of all the real life chores first.

Citra Sapling. I think I need to rethink keg hopping for beers that I want to get really bright. It just never really clears up when still on the hops. I'll check the sixer that I bottled to see if they get any clearer. Still a tasty beer tho! Pilsner, carapils, and Citra :)
View attachment 22204
Amen right with you on that front great for hazies though I've got a plan for a whirlpooled Dry hopped then keg hopped beer in the future:D!

I am really getting curious about that Rapier wit @RoadRoach ;)
It's an extract brew isn't it? Any idea of how to make it biab - all grain?

Anyway, I feel like drinking lots. Trying to do pension payments for the staff and the site is not working. Getting no help from the guys there, besides: try a different router, whereas there is only one network that works here and: well you should pay earlier (Only due on the 10th) and you should come visit when we are in the area (4 hours round trip, why the heck should I).
OK end of rant....

Yeah, it's an extract (simply because it's my "lazy" beer). I've done it all-grain before too, but I wasn't on here at the time and have slept twice since then. Can't remember that recipe. Shouldn't be too hard to convert, though. Just watch out for rounding if you scale down and switch from imperial to metric measurements. I don't know all the malts yet, but kinda wanted to try something different to see what happens to it. I'm at the experimentation stages of my brewing now. I'm not saying I've learned all there is to know, just enough to start learning how to really screw up a batch, LOL. Can't be come an expert brewer without making some mistakes. I've yet to make my first batch of pig swill yet, so I must not be doing too bad.

I'd be interested to see your results if you decide to do it. Really simple ingredients, no coloring/flavoring malts. Please feel free to use the recipe. It's super easy to make. Candi sugar bumps the fermentable content with no flavoring. Since it's a wheat beer, don't expect it to be very clear. I usually ferment this in a bucket, but I highly recommend a conical so that some of the insoluble malt protein and yeast waste can be settled out and removed before bottling. It takes all but nothing to stir it up, making it extremely difficult to rack to the bottling bucket without making a cloudy mess. Since I prime in the batch, I can't let it sit overnight once I've racked it. The clarity issue might be completely different with an all-grain batch and using a flocculant at the end of the boil. I'm leaning toward trying this and morphing it to a variant of Rapier Wit.

I like the flavor in hot weather. It's my go-to when I need to bump the pipeline because I can make it very quickly, and even do it in the kitchen without making a big mess. I don't need the big brew kettle or the burner then. Well, that's my short-cut method, and I'm starting to think even DME needs a hot break. Dunno, something changed about it since my first batch, and the only things I've changed is the citrus content and some of the procedure recommended by my LHBS. I get a lotta sediment (not yeast) doing it the way I am, which tells me I changed something I shouldn't have.

Thanks Roach
Step 1: get the right yeast ;)
Got no wit or even weizen, so will go play with something else, knowing it is going to be a totally different beer in the end.
Sometimes I'm just jealous of most of you that can just get what you want.
Other times, the experimental mix & match person that I am, just doesn't mind and breaks all the rules

Thanks Roach
Step 1: get the right yeast ;)
Got no wit or even weizen, so will go play with something else, knowing it is going to be a totally different beer in the end.
Sometimes I'm just jealous of most of you that can just get what you want.
Other times, the experimental mix & match person that I am, just doesn't mind and breaks all the rules
Rules? There’s rules? AAAAWWWWW MAN! Does this mean I gotta watch out for the home brew PoPo?

Back