What are you drinking right now?

20220112_184131.jpg
20220112_184131.jpg
AUSSIE DAY IS 26th January for all those interested

What is it celebrating Ben? Independence? Discovery by the British? Opening the doors of a penal colony?

Oh yeah...beer...never heard of these guys but this Rye P A is really tasty!

Last edited:
View attachment 18970 View attachment 18970

What is it celebrating Ben? Independence? Discovery by the British? Opening the doors of a penal colony?

Oh yeah...beer...never heard of these guys but this Rye P A is really tasty!
Captain Cook discovery of Aus its a bit of a debate now its also referred to by our indigenous Aboriginals and many as Invasion day.
There's been a push to change the date name ect ect.
Regardless its a payed day off here in Aus.
Back to beer now;)

I was given some peach moonshine while staying in Goldings RV Park, Rock Door Canyon, Monument valley. Our next door neighbour had a huge schoolbus size RV and needed someone to look after his dogs while he went shopping. We (three mates and I) looked after the dogs for the morning and in the evening the neighbour shared this beautifully smooth peach nectar with a hell of a kick. Loved it. Like drinking syrup but at 100 proof (?).

Porter
The never ending quest for the “house” Porter finally takes a turn towards the promising. This one, based loosely on a Fuller’s London Porter clone recipe that I found, gets me closer to what I’m after than I have ever been. Jacked the Crystal malt far out of my comfort zone and leaned heavy on Brown malt for flavor, this is a whisker away from that mythical English Porter that I’m after. The main fault was the choice of 500L chocolate malt for color, which, despite the small percentage, gives a bit too much Stout-like roastiness. I think I can fix that easy enough. Northern Brewer working out well as a finishing hops. WY1968 a solid, if unspectacular, choice as yeast. Probably my best Porter to date, but not quite all the way there.

5B0D2E0E-352D-4A06-A512-2037C3038581.jpeg

Porter
The never ending quest for the “house” Porter finally takes a turn towards the promising. This one, based loosely on a Fuller’s London Porter clone recipe that I found, gets me closer to what I’m after than I have ever been. Jacked the Crystal malt far out of my comfort zone and leaned heavy on Brown malt for flavor, this is a whisker away from that mythical English Porter that I’m after. The main fault was the choice of 500L chocolate malt for color, which, despite the small percentage, gives a bit too much Stout-like roastiness. I think I can fix that easy enough. Northern Brewer working out well as a finishing hops. WY1968 a solid, if unspectacular, choice as yeast. Probably my best Porter to date, but not quite all the way there.

View attachment 18989
Looks nice.

Back