What are you drinking right now?

Why does the name “Beachwood Brewing “ sound so familiar? Som

Dat's a gorgeous brew. I gotta try that at some point. Link the recipe, please.
Budweiser. Beechwood aging. Ups the signature acetaldehyde note in Bud.

image.jpg

First taste of the porkies. Bangers and mash for dinner.

Bottom line, it'll free up the chest type (a biggun) and then I can put fermenters in there. I really don't wanna butcher up a new one for the brewing, for sure. I've had this one 17 years now, and who knows how old it was when the folks I bought the house from left it for me. Definitely gonna have to come up with something for pressure transfer and fermenting, though. Ain't no way I'm gonna power curl a full fermenter in and outta that thing Age and cumulative old injuries sorta prohibit that activity. A couple fans, to move the air when the compressor's running, a nifty temp controller, and that'll be a good step toward better brews I think. Should help with clarity if nothing else.

Depending on the room where you have your chest freezer, you could build a simple block-and-tackle hoist to get the kegs into and out of the chest freezer. My chest freezer/fermentation chamber is in the basement with only floor joists above, so it made the job fairly easy. It's not pretty but, it works.
Pulley truck.jpg

Also, a couple years ago BYO magazine had a DIY project where the guy made a hoist by mounted steel pipe vertically to the wall, then a 90° elbow and a horizontal pipe. The hoist rolled along the horizontal pipe and since the brackets on the wall did not clamp onto the vertical pipe tightly, it could rotate almost 180°.

Pilsner and Pizza
20220112_182712.jpg

Ok @Josh Hughes you were asking about the Fermentis Swiss Lager Yeast S189
Here's my take on this beer more so trying to give non bias subjective feedback take it as you will remember I dumped the other half of this same beer (yes I'm still in morning lol:().

1st up head retention is good but not great it sticks around mind you but isn't as fluffy as usual 34/70 fermentation remember bias maybe creeping in and this could be a grist thing.

2nd it's clear ish now but took a little more time to clear than comparrison 34/70 albeit no geletin finnings here all ala natural fermentation albeit some Irish moss at the 10 mins before flame out.
20220112_183628.jpg

It remains a slight haze.

Now this is where I like it great body on the beer considering basics gladfield german pils and 200g half half Munich vienna for that little extra mashed low then high german lager schedule 62 for 40min 68- 20min 71- 20min 75 10min (mashed out).

The yeast seems pretty nutural but yes I think I get more fruity remember I fermented 15c under 5 psi pressure so it should be cold enough.
It's lingering malty flavour finishing crisp.

I just feel it took longer to start drinking great than 34/70 fermented would have.
You know I gotta go brew this now with 34/70 lol.

In the end would I ferment lager again with this oh you bet your bottom dollar I will i think it's a great yeast injust wish I'd saved some before pitching that other keg on the cake or I woulda continued for a few gens on this.
Anyhow cheers Josh hope that was somehow helpful.
Cheers

Oh this is a 6% pils btw it's deadly drinkable at that abv.
For perusal
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1222957/40l-lager

Last edited:
View attachment 18967

Beef with garlic, rosemary, and merlot. I gotta feeling I know what’s for dinner. Maybe we do gravy this time.

Gonna do the oatmeal stout today. All the yummy food has me in a brewing mood.
Hey @RoadRoach , I don't know if you know this but we have a whole thread dedicated to food :) it's under the General Chat subforum

Typically this thread is for pictures of beverages we are currently enjoying :) those do look delicious!!

Hey @RoadRoach , I don't know if you know this but we have a whole thread dedicated to food :) it's under the General Chat subforum

Typically this thread is for pictures of beverages we are currently enjoying :) those do look delicious!!
Sorry, got a little carried away. Was having one of my Leffe Abbey blondes while making those the other day, and got to chattin up Australia day cookout traditions. Didn't really notice until I'd already posted, and don't have a way to move 'em. I'll try to do better, or if it bothers enough, mods can remove. No offense taken.

Sorry, got a little carried away. Was having one of my Leffe Abbey blondes while making those the other day, and got to chattin up Australia day cookout traditions. Didn't really notice until I'd already posted, and don't have a way to move 'em. I'll try to do better, or if it bothers enough, mods can remove. No offense taken.
AUSSIE DAY IS 26th January for all those interested.
It's a day where we Like to go out to beaches/parks/rivers and or backyard and have a BBQ and plenty of beers whilst maybe having a game of back yard cricket and just paying out on one anouther in general all round good fun.

That's a yummy beer. I like the hops, but not the real bitter taste. I did a knockoff on this one, too. Turned out quite well.
Not sure you'd like mine then, it's much bitterer than this! :D It's become my house ale, this'll be my 4th time brewing it. Always with different hops tho

Back