What are you drinking right now?

SAME as last time you brewed it you rekon?
No. Tastes the same :D but this time I focused on clarity, so it isn't nearly as cloudy:rolleyes:. But with half a kilo of hops in 19 liters, some cloudiness is unavoidable...

Or maybe not. I got a bottle from Wayner himself, crystal clear.

I will continue to work on that.

Pleased with the clarity on the kolsch even in a wide glass
20220109_135136.jpg

Deer Creek Malthouse Ale #6
The malthouse where I buy most of my grains also makes beer. Farmhouse style here, showcasing Buckwheat. Not sure I can explain what the buckwheat is bringing to the table (straw? Field freshness?) because this is dominated by the Brett. According to the label, maybe that’s the point of the Buckwheat.

Damn, this is delicious.

BB2DF0EC-DE25-4134-9264-A405CF8933A2.jpeg

8D988217-2DF8-481B-A930-79FA0C9C04D3.jpeg

Ut yh
Gettin ready for Australia Day. Homemade snags. Pork with appl, onion, paragon bit of salt and white pepper. View attachment 18928
Holly Shoit just need some lamb Chops and your set.

THE Christening from yesterday
20220109_154939.jpg

First bevy to Grace the surface of that bar top many many more to Come hopefully!

Uh oh. You might have started something. We have a lamb roast in the freezer, and mention of the chops made her think lamb with mint and some other herbs.

Chops are hard to come by here and bloody expensive when you do find them.

The missus helps me with my bottling, so I don’t have a problem helping her with new goodies in the kitchen. Bought a little meat grinder from Harbor Freight (who knew they had kitchen utensils?) Already chewed up 8 pounds of pork, 5 pounds of chicken and got 10 pounds of beef pointed at the grinder now. Did I mention that I HATE putting sheep casing on the filler tube?

I like this beer. This beer confuses me.
Sweetwater Almond Milk Stout. Tasty. Had two last night at my grandson/granddad 's birthday cookout. (I never met my granddad. My grandson is named after him.)
Apparently there is no lactose in this "milk stout". Nor does the ingredients list say there is Almond Milk, although the promos do. There is Almond flour. There are also oats in the grist. Is it maybe an oatmeal stout?
I had a slight headache after two 5.5% beers. Odd. I did not wake up with it. Maybe the headache stems from my confusion. Maybe I should just enjoy a beer and not fret about how it's made

https://www.sweetwaterbrew.com/brews/almond-milk-stout/

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1070922/munich-dunkel-
Sometimes I mix the Munich I and II more evenly. This time I did add 1% Melanoidin malt. I also will sometimes use magnum at first wort and the Hallertau at flameout.
I REALLY gotta get me some lagering equipment. This is the kinda stuff I'm missing out on. I can see a fermenting locker and chiller of some sort going in the garage. Might just build it with recycled materials when I tear down the old tool shed.

The missus and I are both wanting a new upright freezer because we're both getting a little old to be doing handstands in a chest type, and we don't have quite as many mouths to feed. Well, not as many live here, but they do like to come by for Mum's cooking. Told her if they want sausage, they should go have a peek at the price of some Johnsonville's and then come see us with their wallet open. There's a lotta work in making sausage. Bottom line, it'll free up the chest type (a biggun) and then I can put fermenters in there. I really don't wanna butcher up a new one for the brewing, for sure. I've had this one 17 years now, and who knows how old it was when the folks I bought the house from left it for me. Definitely gonna have to come up with something for pressure transfer and fermenting, though. Ain't no way I'm gonna power curl a full fermenter in and outta that thing Age and cumulative old injuries sorta prohibit that activity. A couple fans, to move the air when the compressor's running, a nifty temp controller, and that'll be a good step toward better brews I think. Should help with clarity if nothing else.

Back