What are you drinking right now?

Not a bad pilsner if I say so myself
20220106_170616.jpg

Almost makes up for the other half ill dump.

Dunkel is done lagering browner than this pic. A few things I did different this time; I added 1.5% melanoidin and added some Hersbrucker hops at 15 minutes. I can tell a difference with both changes. There is a super light floral slight spice aroma. The mouthfeel is a little “thicker” and the bread crust flavor is a touch more pronounced. View attachment 18827
That looks like it would make ya slap ya tastebuds for havin' too much fun.

Sippin on a Leffe Abbey Blonde after replacing the P-Trap on the main bathroom tub and cleaning out a rather annoying clog. Turns out, the clog was from hair catching on cement/plaster residue that was left to set in the pipe after the builder plastered and tiled the tub. That's been a problem for a long time, well before I bought the place. Problem was the original P-trap was glued fittings, so I couldn't take it apart to get the snake through it. That ain't a problem now.

A little disappointed in this batch of Leffe. It's a lot fruitier than expected, but perhaps that's due to the slow fermentation. It was retarded for nearly 4 days after pitch, and didn't last long at all. Still smell raw malts in it. It stopped at 1.012, and nothing I could do would make it do any more. I see a Tilt or some brand of monitor in my future so I can see what's happening better.

Got a Rapier Wit batch to bottle soon (probably this weekend). And REALLY want to get my chocolate oatmeal stout on in the new FastFerment conical. Might as well christen it with something really good.

Put a batch of Black Currant wine on to ferment last night. Gotta say extract wine is so EASY to make. The Apricot that we did is absolutely yummy for a dessert wine. Neither of us likes a dry wine. The fruiter and sweeter, the better. This black currant batch is VERY promising. Very strong hit of raspberry to it, in my opinion. The missus says no. She's from the Barossa, so would know a lot more about wine that I do. I know muscadine, or scuppernong (same thing), or kickapoo joy juice from cane skimmings.

Took some homebrew to my sister's place. Here's a taster of kolsch
View attachment 18882
They are some of my harshest critics and I love them for it. Both the beers I took over got, "I like the beginning but didn't like the end." And I agree with them lol

Back