What are you drinking right now?

West Coast IPA after completing my tasks as snow chauffeur
20220103_181129.jpg

Part of the PA-GA beer exchange I have going with a friend. I like the backstory on this beer. Brewery is in Kane, PA (Population ~3500) on the outskirts of the Allegheny National Forest on land once operated as a Logyard by one of the owners relatives. All I’ve been sent are NEIPAs and everyone has been very good. I know there are a couple members from PA who may or may not have heard of this. Apparently distribution is very local.
Kane is a good hike from my spot in NE PA so if distribution is very local, I won’t find it. But…I may have a source for some of that. I’ll make some inquiries. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh that's clearing nicely now Sunfire looks fantastic.
Thanks, I'm pleased with it. The yeast I used is quite fruity, I don't like it quite as much as my last batch. Doesn't taste as dry as I'd like

Thanks, I'm pleased with it. The yeast I used is quite fruity, I don't like it quite as much as my last batch. Doesn't taste as dry as I'd like
What yeast, if I may ask?

And it finished at 1.008. Maybe I need to cut some of the Vienna in the recipe for less sweetness. Luckily the yeast fairy just sent me some more kolsch yeast from a new-to-me manufacturer, so I'll be brewing this again soon, with some tweaks :)

79C7F506-0B9F-4933-8B14-48A5B092926B.jpeg

Shore Leave and Shore Leave 2.0(current batch) comparison between the original bottle conditioned and the current force carved(new version also uses my hops). Very similar, current batch is a bit cleaner. The cluster comes through better in the original with the new batch picking up maybe a touch more mint from the northern brewed. I’ll call it a draw.

Back