What are you drinking right now?

Trying my latest cider.
20211127_185007.jpg

Vanilla Stout
Photobombing in the background is the empty keg that was home to the Q4 Irish Red. Thanksgiving weekend company absolutely abused that keg, @J A making me look like a hero. Thankfully, I had a few pints while the getting was good!

6BBD2E76-5F97-4F9C-96E4-33C2254A9164.jpeg

It comes only as words without a photo, but I’m just finishing a bottle of my Azacca pale ale. The extra week of conditioning has helped this beer. Good foamy head on the pour, with a fine effervescence all the way to the last sip. The color is a lighter golden, differing from my usual amber hued beers. This is the first beer I’ve brewed using Victory malt - along with pale 2-row and Munich Light. Bittered with Warrior, then Azacca at 20, 5 and flameout. Dry hopped Azacca for 4 days. Apricot is what the hops package describes - I don’t consume much apricot, so I guess what I taste in this beer is apricot, and I find it an acceptable flavor. I hope to find a good combination of hops to blend with Azacca.
I’ll post a photo when I pour another.

Vanilla Stout
Photobombing in the background is the empty keg that was home to the Q4 Irish Red. Thanksgiving weekend company absolutely abused that keg, @J A making me look like a hero. Thankfully, I had a few pints while the getting was good!
I didn't get mine done in time for Turkey Day family gathering, but there'll be 10 gallons on tap pretty soon and it'll be around for the remainder of the holiday shenanigans. :)
Congrats on the happy guests! :)

First taste of Fullers London Porter clone. Good balance of coffee and dark chocolate. Definitely a keeper and I’m sure will be even better in a couple more weeks.

Attachments

• FECE5777-54E4-4C33-9291-6FEAA0CF3D39.jpeg
    FECE5777-54E4-4C33-9291-6FEAA0CF3D39.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 26

Back