What are you drinking right now?

Christmas decorating, Harry Potter, and homebrew :) cheers
20211126_151604.jpg

Nice. We are off to Ashland (bigger town than mine about 45 minutes away) They decorate their park with lights. My brother, wife and 3 year old going as well. So no drinks until I get back.

Love that beer AND the shirt! A few years ago one of the pubs in which I’d frequent had Paulaner Oktoberfest on draft. Awesome stuff
It is pretty good. I like spaten even better

Not had Spaten Oktoberfest but I’ve had their Dopplebock and enjoyed it

Last edited:
Are you near the falls? Well certainly nearer than I am, but specifically within maybe 100 km or so?
I'm a bit further, about 450 km as the water flows ;)
There's the falls, then the Batonka gorge and all of that gets into lake Kariba.
At the end of the lake is a hydro electric dam and then Kariba gorge.
I'm 2 km from the end of Kariba gorge.
Yes I knoe.... Too much information :)

I'm a bit further, about 450 km as the water flows ;)
There's the falls, then the Batonka gorge and all of that gets into lake Kariba.
At the end of the lake is a hydro electric dam and then Kariba gorge.
I'm 2 km from the end of Kariba gorge.
Yes I knoe.... Too much information :)
Wow! You really are at 'the end of the road' there.

ah, no, still long way to go
40 km downstream is the border town of Chirundu. Another 60 km down sees the start of Lower Zambezi National Park (opposite, on the Zim side is Mana pools), another 100 or so gets you to the border with Mozambique. The Zambezi goes further and now forms the border between Zimbabwe and Mozambique, till it comes out in the Indian ocean :) (from Vic falls, itbis the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia and before that, the border between Zambia and Botswana.
And herewith ends the lecture about the mighty Zambezi River :p

Where is my Google map, I gotta look this up..
I'm looking at the 'crowded' neighborhood (Siavonga) around -16.3529, 28.8362, but downstream is an even bigger neighborhood.

@Zambezi Special No, not the river, but the road. It comes over from the M15 (the nearest paved road) and ends at the river. I bet you don't drive a sports car on those roads... :p

I'm looking at the 'crowded' neighborhood (Siavonga) around -16.3529, 28.8362, but downstream is an even bigger neighborhood.

@Zambezi Special No, not the river, but the road. It comes over from the M15 (the nearest paved road) and ends at the river. I bet you don't drive a sports car on those roads... :p
I think you have found my access road ;)
Toyota corolla can make it in the dry season.
Different story in the rains

I think you have found my access road ;)
Toyota corolla can make it in the dry season.
Different story in the rains
Well, Google Maps keeps no secrets. The area looks not as desolate as I'd imagined: You have neighbors! No so many they're looking in your windows, but if you really need help... Plus the landscape looks beautiful. I doubt I'd even be able to visit, but WOW would that be a trip!

A nice high truck is probably the vehicle of choice if living there year-round, but sure, a Toyota is a great car to have - super reliable, cheap to fix, good on fuel. Me, I am partial to Mercedes, having worked for them almost my whole life.

Back