What are you drinking right now?

I did not like what that yeast did for my Janet’s Brown Ale.
On the other hand, I love what Imperial Loki (Voss) did for my IPA of the 3 C’s.
Something to consider for future brews?
I've never understood putting Voss in a brown/dark beer personally, way too much orange and twang. I've enjoyed the samples from the 2 Lutra Kveik brews I've done, so I'm not giving up on kveik, just taking a timeout from Voss maybe (after my next brew; I'm giving Voss one more shot).

I
I've never understood putting Voss in a brown/dark beer personally, way too much orange and twang. I've enjoyed the samples from the 2 Lutra Kveik brews I've done, so I'm not giving up on kveik, just taking a timeout from Voss maybe (after my next brew; I'm giving Voss one more shot).
I feel kviek is better suited to IPA hoppy pales personally the crazy fruity flavors compliment the hops nicely

I

I feel kviek is better suited to IPA hoppy pales personally the crazy fruity flavors compliment the hops nicely
The only exception I can think of is if someone is going for a chocolate orange stout/porter or something. Like a jaffa cake beer lol

I think at the time it was, hey try this new thing. I didn’t know any better. So next time I brew Janet’s Brown Ale (sometime this autumn), I’ll use a Cali or West Coast liquid yeast - or US-05.

Last edited:
Passionfruit saison
20210917_163602.jpg

And Lemon myrtle Saisons
20210917_190850.jpg

Yup I've been on a bit of a saison kick of late :rolleyes:.

Going to an Oktoberfest tomorrow so I'm prepping my palate :) the far right is my homebrewed marzen that's only been in the bottle a week and has not been lagered yet (hence the chill haze). The middle beer is Sierra Nevada's Oktoberfest and the left is Star Hills Festie festbier. Both of the commercial beers have more flavor than mine, and are more bitter I think. Mine also has a light alcohol taste, but that's in style according to the BJCP guidelines for a Marzen.
20210917_151118.jpg

Back