What are you drinking right now?

Piwo from the fermenting keg. This is not clear to say the least. I don’t cold crash so there’s that. The keg will sit a few weeks in the fridge so that will improve. This colder will be refreshing.
65D46CCB-8E3A-4391-8C62-437F0D9C8796.jpeg

Piwo from the fermenting keg. This is not clear to say the least. I don’t cold crash so there’s that. The keg will sit a few weeks in the fridge so that will improve. This colder will be refreshing. View attachment 17374
Looks like a milk shake.

image.jpg
Janet’s Brown Ale, after being closeted for several months. It’s OK, but still nowhere near as good as my first batch. Maybe it’s the Voss Kveik, or maybe I just mashed too high. I look forward to brewing this again, but with better process control. And I might use Voss again, but from a starter.

Ben did you post this recipe anywhere? :) would any fruit work, or could the fruit addition be omitted?
I'm sure HB stores sells the pulp in cans I think vintners harvest might.

Yup I'd say so any fruit within reason should do;)
Yup take the fruit out of ya want I'm imagining a slightly malty beer to put the fruit on top sorta what the special B is all about in the recipie as well as sweetening the colour up a bit.

Oh one last thing the yeast Belgian saison 1 even though its diastaticus it doesnt ferment right down on you to 1.000 it does still leave a bit of body in the beer. Some of them have been finishing at 1.010 this passionfruit beer at 1.008. I've been running it at 23 with a final free rise of 26 c.
With all these fruited and spiced saisons I've been doing I havnt been expecting great results on the final beer just by the crazy amounts of fruit and spices I've been throwing at them. But I've been plesently surprised by them all and have grown soo fond of the Saison style.
I feel it's a natural beer style for me one I'll continue to enjoy to brew.
The yeast have been a breeze to brew with so much for this strain stalling on you it's been a real charm.

Last edited:

Back