What are you drinking right now?

ok how about the commercial description "citrus, lime character, lively lemon and lime tones with background hints of tropical fruit"

I paired Cascade, citra, perl and motueke and what do you think it mostly tastes like, the description above he he

Why not? I've had beer with sage in it - tastes wonderful! Perle hops present a somewhat minty flavor to me.

Well well well that Mango lasi saison has been force carbed for 24hrs at 30psi ive taken my first apprehensive pour this arvo of a beer i was expecting to be a phenolic soup! Ah ah this is perfect i cant believe what a transformation some co2 and a good chill has done to this fruity saison!
A nice tight persistent creamy head it smells straight up of mango on the nose with that typical saison funk behind it. Mouthfeel is light there is pureed mango a delicate spicey touch there and ever the slightest bitterness. I cant wait for the next hombrew comp up here ill supprise the heck out of them im sure with this offering!:p too bad it this keg aint gunna last long at all...

Look at that nice warm orange glow a thing of beauty.
Grist = ale malt - vienna - wheat - special w with Eureka hops late.
20171115_162221.jpg

I don't believe you. You should send me a 6 pack as proof!

Seriously, looks and by the sounds of it, it's a great beer.

I don't believe you. You should send me a 6 pack as proof!

Seriously, looks and by the sounds of it, it's a great beer.
Mate that was 24 hrs burst carbed so time will tell it sure is a delicious brew one I plan to replicate soon but with both mango and pineappleo_O.

Homebrew!
Woozle hefeweizen. I don't think everyone in the house has been giving the keg a little shake before pouring...it's getting fairly clear. Still tastes great. In fact, I still pick up all the characteristics, and it seems a bit crisper. I like it.
20171116_180956.jpg

Loving this ESB ! I had no chilled a portion of a triple batch I co brewed with a friends wife for a swap event in rocktober and finally got around to getting it on tap , the other 2 kegs didn't last long and i doubt this will either .
Moderate bitterness , mild esters with a clean and pleasing finish that makes you want more
Earthy and floral hop presence balances the caramel and toffee malt highlights perfectly .
Clarity is not great and could use less carbonation to be more authentic to tradition and perhaps too much diatecyl but seems to round out the mouthfeel wonderfully .
I will brew this again and treat my water slightly differently and dry hop to boost aroma very slightly but still a very solid beer that im rather pleased with

Clare valley mango saison at sunny coast craft beer festival not as fruity as mine but clean dry finnish
20171125_153733.jpg

Last edited:
My favourite so far double IPA by 3 mates brewing co mosaic vic secret motueka and cascade hops pale ale victort and a little crystal malt by their comments
20171125_163845.jpg

Well theres me Eureka Pale ale peeps!
Its undercarbed but heck lifes too short to wait a week lol...

So i didnt dry hop this as me recipie stated stupid decision the hops arnt at the for and it needs some more hops i think now:rolleyes:. But i like what im tasting subdued as it is a dank like aroma a little fruity it contributes a lot from one hop its like a few have been used. The flavour well isnt as sharp as the aroma maybe more carbonation will help its lite on bittering for sure its an easy drinker thats for sure much better than some of the swill i tasted yesterday like a honey ale that was sure infected:confused:. I think ill post once my carbination is up it will help bring this brew more to life:). Enjoy
20171126_151253.jpg

Comparing this to the mango saison of yesterday is like chalk and cheeze mine is a more sweet and more fruity with more mango flavour i bias-ly think:p. I recon im on to a winner here with this yeast it attenuates well but mot too dry which i think leaves some residual fruit flavours behind. I mashed high to provide that bodie so i eonder what a low beta amylase mash would provide in attenuation my take is that sasion yeast will chew into the maltose and harder to ferment sugars so any caramel type malts will be bearly recognizable in the finished beer. Im excited to find out more about this yeast its a lovely fruity complex yeast a far cry from wlp090:D of course...

20171126_153112.jpg

@Trialben some great looking beverages! I love going to festivals. I try and hit all my most wanted and never had 1st. By the time I've done that, they're all delicious lol.
My wife and I hit a couple of local brew pubs yesterday and put down several flights of some great beers. It was so nice getting out and away from all the turkey madness! I loved having family and friends over the holiday. They consumed large quantities of kegged brew which i'm grateful for. It gets me closer to freeing up some kegs for more brewing!
Right now a delicious pale ale from Bristol.
aviary-image-1511740842738.jpeg

Not drinking these but scored some good beer over the weekend.
Goose Island Northwoods
Goose Island Coffee Stout
Goose Island Barleywine
Goose Island Stout
All Burbon Barrel Aged. (started collecting these in 2013)
All these bottle age well if I can stay out of them.:rolleyes:

Love this time of year, Full Sail Wassail and Wreck The Halls, Dechutes Jubilale, Windmere Brrr, Sierra Nevada Celebration etc etc etc
In the mean time finished off our Bitchin Belgian Wit:(
Good thing we brewed 20gallon today. A hoppy amber and a malty amber.

Back