What are you drinking right now?

First pour of the Grodziskie. I bottle conditioned mine, it's spritzy at 3.5 vols. I'm happy with it, smoky but not too much so, noble hops come through, bready, dark bread and crust. Light body, minerally, good head retention... Here's to you, Mateusz!View attachment 17199

Those are homemade pickles in the background...

SHARP dill? Those look great.

56D13F32-EDF0-45CF-894F-F93DFE1F446D.jpeg

Shore Leave, my Cali Common

Just took a taste of my latest Samuel Adams Summer Ale knockoff. I forgot how high the OG was when I put it away (and haven't yet recorded the FG (1.021), so I freaked a little about how high the FG was. Not much krausen in the fermenter, but a great aroma, if not still sweet and malty, as the FG suggests. As it were, OG started at 1.063, so I'm not really surprised the yeast quit considering I used a dry yeast pack. I'm thinking this one could have used a good starter rather than just a dry yeast pitch. Dunno what the ABV is yet, but feeling that warmth all the way down the gullet says pretty high. We'll see how it goes in a few days. Already showing signs of a strong head, so let's see what carbing and conditioning do to it.

Back