What are you drinking right now?

Ginger Ninger by the fire
20210731_165635.jpg

I just finished a glass of nice California red wine. It’s a late night because I built a yeast starter with my newly acquired pack of Imperial Loki A43. Using a little less than 1 liter of 1.036 wort from DME, the starter is cranking! Within minutes of pitching the yeast, krausen formed and it has been pushing out the neck of my Ehrlanmeyer flask. I had the forethought to put the stir plate and flask in a tub, and the stir plate is covered in plastic wrap. My intention is to harvest some of this starter to store for another summer brew. The rest will be used on my IPA of the 3 C’s. Go Kveik!

Right now it's tea.
Got a number of different types, brought back with me from Europe.
Next up is coffee. Brought a variety of coffee beans back as well, and a manual burr grinder ;)

Yesterday was good for 6 bottles mosi while making pizza.
Slight overkill.

Got 4 bottles cold, but thinking of putting some more in the fridge on the off-chance that my internet is worling good enough for the zoom meeting. And that it is not too cold. And that I will still be awake :rolleyes:

I woke up this morning to find my starter had blown its top. The loosely placed foil cap was pushed off, and a few 10’s of milliliters of starter wort had spilled out, with abundant foam/krausen. Very good idea that I placed the whole contraption in a tub to contain the mess. I just cleaned up the mess on the flask and in the tub, and put the starter back on the stir plate.
Oh, and I enjoyed a nice cup of tea.

What’s cooking? That is a cool setup for camping. As a kid, I used to “camp out” in the back yard.
That's a tri pod on the fire I rekon the best bit of kit for cooking over the fire. You can splay the legs out around the fire there is a hook in the middle which you suspend your camp pot on to get the right height. Or you can use the legs like I have.
Dinner was Baked spuds in the coals with bacon mushroom cabbage creamed corn topping with sour cream and cheese on top bloody delicious stuff:).

Drinking a great summer beer that I was shocked to discover that I love...an ale with pineapple and vanilla. They claim it's a cream ale, but I'm not so sure it would hit all the BJCP guidelines. The pineapple provides mostly crisp tartness that's almost sour and some fruit flavor, and then my favorite part is the vanilla finish that feels round and smooth and just a hint of sweetness. I asked the brewer if they used rice or corn as adjuncts for the cream ale and he responded with oats lol. A bit of a bastard ale I think, but super refreshing on a summer day. Cheers to Pineapple Whip!
20210801_163309.jpg
20210801_163234.jpg

Drinking a great summer beer that I was shocked to discover that I love...an ale with pineapple and vanilla. They claim it's a cream ale, but I'm not so sure it would hit all the BJCP guidelines. The pineapple provides mostly crisp tartness that's almost sour and some fruit flavor, and then my favorite part is the vanilla finish that feels round and smooth and just a hint of sweetness. I asked the brewer if they used rice or corn as adjuncts for the cream ale and he responded with oats lol. A bit of a bastard ale I think, but super refreshing on a summer day. Cheers to Pineapple Whip!
View attachment 16879 View attachment 16881
Sounds more like a NEIPA than a cream ale!

Back