What are you drinking right now?

First pour of a 1957 Whitbread IPA

This is the beer that had the addition of homemade Golden Syrup. Hardly an IPA in the modern, American sense (what do labels matter anyway?) I’d guess it’s more like a straightforward Pale Ale. Finished just a tick under 4% ABV. Very easy drinking, English pub beer, one that will now go into regular rotation.

Cheers!

84512662-0AB3-48FE-ACC0-AF86F433F97E.jpeg

This is the beer that had the addition of homemade Golden Syrup. Hardly an IPA in the modern, American sense (what do labels matter anyway?) I’d guess it’s more like a straightforward Pale Ale. Finished just a tick under 4% ABV. Very easy drinking, English pub beer, one that will now go into regular rotation.

Cheers!

View attachment 14547
Nice looking brew there.
You follow the recipie you linked?
Same yeast?
I'm keen to give this one a try looks like a goer.:)

Cheers!

View attachment 14547
Looks and sounds good! I have an ESB fermenting, hoping it comes out to style.

Slim Shady Bo!
Little head ran down the sides, the drip tray needs to be cleaned anyway.
Still finding this very enjoyable. Which is saying something because I am not a lager guy at all. I almost never ever buy any lagers... scept maybe the Urquell...

20210305_173340.jpg

Slim Shady Bo!
Little head ran down the sides, the drip tray needs to be cleaned anyway.
Still finding this very enjoyable. Which is saying something because I am not a lager guy at all. I almost never ever buy any lagers... scept maybe the Urquell...

View attachment 14550
That’s sharp.

Nice looking brew there.
You follow the recipie you linked?
Same yeast?
I'm keen to give this one a try looks like a goer.:)
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1066722/1957-whitbread-ipa

Some slight adjustments with the hopping because I didn’t have Fuggles and I used WY1469 on a tip. Next time I’ll stick with the 1099, for comparison’s sake. But I’m pretty happy with the 1469. Leaves a slight fruity character, a definite malt presence, but finishes dry. Flocs out like nobody’s business.

Back