What are you drinking right now?

It's consistent, considering how far it travels
A few of their beers are brewed here in Ft Collins, CO by Anheuser-Bush. Maybe the whole line is now, but I know at least Longboard and maybe more are brewed here. So I guess they don't travel far before they get to me!

My buddy brought over the last bottle of the Black IPA that I brewed close to a year ago. When we split it I scooted inside and got a sample of the current on tap fresh version for comparison. Considering that this is a beer that needs to be enjoyed fresh, it aged very well. The hop aroma and flavor did become subdued and a little bit earthy I think. Still a very enjoyable beer. Bitterness was still there but decidedly different. The current version knocks the socks off it though!
20210218_005700.jpg

20210218_005324.jpg

Thanks Josh. It’s a pretty complex grain bill. You really want to see the list?
Not if it’s complex lol
My Scottish is around 85% MO and the other 15% is split between medium crystal and roasted malt or chocolate. One time is went 97% MO and 3% roasted. Those 2 are FAR off I know.

Quality control tasting of the kolsch I brewed for a competition. It's been in the bottle 12 days, and hasn't been lagered yet. Carbonation is not quite ready, but it's close. This is really easy to drink :) It will taste even better hopefully. The color is more gold than the picture shows
20210218_145828.jpg

Not if it’s complex lol
That didn’t come off right. lol :)
When I make it again it will be a couple points lighter SRM with less Carafa. Here tis with rounded amts.
MO 61%
C60 9%
Munich 8%
White Wheat 8%
Victory 6%
British Amber 3%
Special B 3%
Carafa Special I 3%

Hops were Magnum and Willamette to 22 IBUs. S04 yeast.

That didn’t come off right. lol :)
When I make it again it will be a couple points lighter SRM with less Carafa. Here tis with rounded amts.
MO 61%
C60 9%
Munich 8%
White Wheat 8%
Victory 6%
British Amber 3%
Special B 3%
Carafa Special I 3%

Hops were Magnum and Willamette to 22 IBUs. S04 yeast.
Thanks!

Sure thing. Look at the BJCP 14C and you can see where I was going with this. I was avoiding a “roasty” flavor and smoke. Certainly the Scots historically didn’t have these malts, but I was going for a complex modern interpretation that turned out quite nice after a couple months of aging. I would up the Carmel a little next time as well as reducing the color. Cheers Josh.

Back