What are you drinking right now?

Quality control is a rough job, right? :D Homebrewed Kolsch. Time to start lagering the rest of the batch. I think some brightness will also let the straw-color come out better
20210220_130345.jpg

38B2DC69-FBB9-4B89-90C1-AE0286000960.jpeg
View attachment 14358
Thanks. Since I started brewing with my new kettle in December, it seems my brews are clearer. I don’t employ any fining or filtering, just patient fermenting and conditioning.
I have found less of the gunk makes it in for me too since I started using a kettle with a spigot. Patience has gotten worse for me though lol.
View attachment 14357 My own IPA, only 2 bottles left after this one, so it will be time to brew again soon.
looks great. Marzen for me. Not clear lol. I didn’t do any lagering as patience is still not a quality of mine haha.

View attachment 14359 View attachment 14358
I have found less of the gunk makes it in for me too since I started using a kettle with a spigot. Patience has gotten worse for me though lol.

looks great. Marzen for me. Not clear lol. I didn’t do any lagering as patience is still not a quality of mine haha.
Letting it settle out over time helps clarity for sure. Calcium in the mash and a whirlflock tablet in the kettle also helps. Other than that, trying to get good conversion of proteins in the mash. I’ve seen a lot of Craft beer at the pubs lately that isn’t clear.

Letting it settle out over time helps clarity for sure. Calcium in the mash and a whirlflock tablet in the kettle also helps. Other than that, trying to get good conversion of proteins in the mash. I’ve seen a lot of Craft beer at the pubs lately that isn’t clear.
Mine included but not this one boys and Girls ! Was starting to think i couldn't brew clear beer Any more huh! Kettle chilled helles tastes helles good to me:p
IMG_5276.jpg

Taken on Wifeys phone

Back