What are you drinking right now?

yes and the dme has carpils in it so it can be a bit thick if not too careful, I always account for that in my extract brews with the right amount of water

and just to let you know on that recipe I topped the thick wort off with a finished amount of 8 gallons and 34 degree 5.2ph double filtered water bringing it to 12 gallons before fermentation it turns out amazing

Well i never knew about the carapils in the DME was thinking of adding a small 2% ish of raw sugar to my brew this weejend just to cut the body down a little so was good to get your feed back on tgis brew even though entirely different malt bill. 3kg MO 1 kg wheat 300g victory 100g crystal 120 (home roast) and thinking 300g raw cane sugar..

Well there she is pep's my double decocted equinox hop test beer/bitter.

Mash 55 infuse 63 60min decoct to 71 then decoct to mash out 75c each decoction 10 mins...

My thoughts atm shes been in keg 2 weeks 1st is aroma is faiding already dam it flavour isnt though phew.

Great mouthfeel great body not to filling can nock back a few before feeling full.

Very deceptable eg it drinks easy and doesnt show alc content...

Like i said to my boss before handing him a pet bottle full today " dont make any plans after drinking this" lol:p. Its definitely not a big beer alcohol wise but after one or two you know driving isnt an option:D if your a law abiding brewer.

Id love to do an english/american ale so5/so4 comparison on this beer for sure im new to 04 strain but have a porter waiting having been cooked with some...

Anyhow youve probably already got board of this post so ill shut up and get back to my beer lol;).
Cheers! Oh it aint as amber as that more deep golden.
20170615_150743.jpg

That's a beautiful looking beer Trail!

That's a beautiful looking beer Trail!
Yep so beautiful I've nearly drunk the keg dry ! That's the problem with great beer it don't last long :p. The Equinox is a real winner in this beer if you see some at your local definitely try it. Thanks

Its raining outside good weather for my porter this is one of my bottled ones its a little lighter in color than the pic portrays anyhow cheers everybody;).

Attachments

• 20170707_131550.jpg
    20170707_131550.jpg
    614.9 KB · Views: 91
Dry Dock Brewing Co's Helles. They definitely don't do LoDo and are as good as anything Munich can turn out (GABF silver medal, 2016 ). About to switch over to Red Rye Ale. Will have to ask for the recipe. This stuff rocks!

Got the recipe from the brewer for that Red. It'll be in the rotation - I'm thinking it would make a wonderful Autumn beer!

Drinking a pilsner from local craft brewery.

Attachments

• 20170708_122023.jpg
    20170708_122023.jpg
    819.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Introducing my bunyip beer fwh and hop stand only with galaxy Nelson sauvin and Equinox. Bringing pleny tropical fruit and floral aromas. Mouthfeel is a little thick but plenty balanced with reasonable bitterness from fwh and hop stand. Will probably try 50/50 pils MO next brew to get that lighter mouth feel or try Golden promise anyhow Cheers all.;)

Attachments

• 20170708_174412.jpg
    20170708_174412.jpg
    801.5 KB · Views: 123
Cheers Ozarks it's a little thick in the mouthfeel. Not as sessionable as I'd like it fills me up to quick which may not be a bad thing for the missus lol:). I'm thinking I can do two things mash low and long at 63c beta amelase and up the gypsum to get that more crisp dry finish i like in my beers. Or second go 50/50 pils MO to cut down on that big malty body. Or even thirdly cut down the alcohol percentage to like 4.5 % down from current 5.7% that may just smooth it out better. It's got everything I'd ever wish for on the aroma side like I was expecting from these characterful hops if anuthing I may just add a 15min addition for more flavour it's there but I want more lol.

Anyway it's a delicious beer that tight creamy head persists clinging to the glass all the way to the bottom. I'm thinking this is thanks to the wheat. That last Equinox keg only lasted 2 weeks I'll have to be diciplined with this one. Cheers top of the mornin to you all.

wheat can make it seem thicker, you can add water or use gelatin to thin it out some, thick or thin can just be related to wrong water amounts or evaporation so I cant say for sure change anything until you brew it again

Efficiency was up on this brew 83% instead,of 78% as per calculator. I was wondering that about the wheat I'm thinking it probably is my last Equinox ale Wass drier and not as thick it was MO cr60 brew this one MO wheat Cry 60 and victory so not a heap different oh but that Equinox brew was double decocted. Anyhow maybe next ale brew I'm going to try some Amarillo and Cascade with some Nelson Sauvin in a similar grain bill but just MO and some New Zealand Gladfield Redback malt but that'll be awhile away I've got my Marzin then Coffee chocolate stout to,go yet.

Really loving my creamy full bodied aromatic bunyip beer. Cheers

Not sure if Americans no what a Bunyip is your google search should suffice:).

Attachments

• 20170716_171105.jpg
    20170716_171105.jpg
    955.5 KB · Views: 115

Back