What are you drinking right now?

I think if your beer is sitting in the sand, you're merely warming your beer unnecessarily. It should be in your hand! You can skunk a beer in seconds in that sunlight....

Full-disclosure: I hate beaches. They're hot, they generally stink and they I hurt afterward. Give me my mountains any day! Granted the UV is much higher - a couple of miles less of increasingly murky air to go through - but I'm fully clothed and cool. So there, I'll take a pale ale at 13,000 feet any day.

Currently winter here so not overly hot , I remember the beaches near Ben as being among the cleanest and least stinky i've ever visited

the beech where I go is not the best, its a huge sand bar miles long but the water is black not blue, only thing I hated was the sea gulls constantly crapping on you and the constant wind

I think if your beer is sitting in the sand, you're merely warming your beer unnecessarily. It should be in your hand! You can skunk a beer in seconds in that sunlight....

Full-disclosure: I hate beaches. They're hot, they generally stink and they I hurt afterward. Give me my mountains any day! Granted the UV is much higher - a couple of miles less of increasingly murky air to go through - but I'm fully clothed and cool. So there, I'll take a pale ale at 13,000 feet any day.

Ha ha trust me Nosey the beer didn't hang around long enough to get skunked up. As for the fishing yeah I'm a pretty pathetic fisherman I just took the rod to make me standing,round drinking beer look right:p. The only problem taking a beer fishing is when you run out you gotta head home next time I'll stock up better then I may just hang Around long enough to cAtch some fish.

Drinking my Belgian IPA,

Simcoe @ FWH
Simcoe @ 20
Citra @ 5
Mosaic @WP
(rest of the simcoe dumped in after it was cooled)
WLP500,

honestly, I really only get simcoe out of this. The yeast really covers a lot, but there is still a simcoe bite both in front and on the back. Probably ditch the simcoe next time, just use the others more during the boil. Probably do 20, 15, 10, 5, etc, additions.

edit: actual water calcs on this one:
Ca: 148 ... Mg: 4 ... Na: 10 ... Cl: 101 ... SO4: 202 ... HCO: 52

Last edited:
I just ran through my yard mowed the whole thing in under 30 minutes, time for a bleach blond now and dry my sweat

You were running for that beer Ozarks lije that carrot on a stick thing only it was a beached blondie beverage you were chaseing lol:D.

I did not chase my lawnmower around. Just popped a top on a "Founders Dirty Bastard". Definitely takes the edge off of a long day.

Wife says "What's #138"?(We # all of our beers we make) I look it up and its a Scottish Ale. She pulls it out of the frig and we have a beer with dinner. I love finding extra's in the frig! Great beer, brewed last December.

just tapped a new keg, clear from the start, low alcohol light blond with an ale yeast, it can be done and very good

WP_20170614_002.jpg

With our sharing / swapping arrangements there's a good variety in the fridge
Few different APA / IPA
shame we blew through the English IPA in a hurry but was its fault for being so moreish
My American amber
Choc rye stout
Red ale

Not made a batch of my house XPA in a while so better get one done

Yeah i see why your smashing them blondies Ozarks that looks mmmm sooo tasty dam you for posting this while im at work:p. That head is just bulging off the top well done must be some high carbonation on that one?

Whats the turn around on this one too btw?

10 days fermenting 7 days carbonating, you can drink it here but its better after 7 days conditioning to clear and meld the flavors, yeah and that head stays, it doesn't drop at all

I actually brewed 2 -10 gallon batches and from a 5 gallon pot, it works the recipe is different

HOME BREW RECIPE:
Title: Bleach Blonde 10
Author: Ozarks Mountain Brew

Brew Method: Extract
Style Name: Standard American Lager
Boil Time: 60 min
Batch Size: 10.5 gallons (ending kettle volume)
Boil Size: 4.5 gallons
Boil Gravity: 1.083

STATS:
Original Gravity: 1.035
Final Gravity: 1.007
ABV (standard): 3.75%
IBU (tinseth): 24.12
SRM (morey): 1.82

FERMENTABLES:
6 lb - Dry Malt Extract - Pilsen (66.7%)
1 lb - Cane Sugar (11.1%)
2 lb - Rice Syrup Solids (22.2%)

HOPS:
2.5 oz - Cluster, Type: Pellet, AA: 6.5, Use: First Wort, IBU: 24.12

YEAST:
2- Mangrove Jack - US West Coast Yeast M44
Starter: No
Form: Dry
Attenuation (avg): 78%
Flocculation: High
Optimum Temp: 59 - 74 F
Fermentation Temp: 60 F

Just like a giant starter but with some extra tweeking. Just first wort for IBUs and nice and low mid strength alcohol yep this looks like a delectable thirst quencher.

Back