What are you drinking right now?

So there she is my 2nd place bohimian floor malted pilsner thats all thats in it malt wise it just shows you the quality of that malt. After going through a bag of dingermans pils malt unfortunately it didnt stand a chance against this higher quality malt and i didnt get fancy with it just mashed it low single infusion around 61c light bodied type mash no step mash well not full step mash anyhow. Im tempted to do a double decoction next to tweek it some start at low sanctificationrest 61 is c draw off thick grist 15 into this sac rest then boil mash for 30 minutes at this step then add back decoction to hit 70 ish temp then continue boiling decoction for 30 then add back for mashout? never done one just thought it might add some more character to an already great beer. Ill keep the saaz and try a FWH addition for more aroma as one judge said more even for this style but its hard afyer a month and a half in the keg to keep it.
20170516_142606.jpg

And next my stone and wood coppie what do the Aussies think on colour and presentation near spot on? Shes bren sitting in keg for about a month. Its got the fruity flavour and aroma but not as fresh and wholesome as the real deal. Id like yo try a cleaner yeast like S05 to see what that will bring but a nice beer iys mellowed into a nicer beer in the keg that coopers yeast is an estery one:) its deffinetly got some personality one which im still getting aquainted with lol. Alright ill get off my alcoholic soap box now:rolleyes:.
20170516_151109.jpg

Colour and clarity are pretty good for stone and wood , been a while but I remembered mild apple esters in the real one that go well with the citrus
You could try a cleaner yeast or ferment it a little cooler

Cheers Mark yeah I've gotta double up on my Galaxy hops next brew I recon only boil 40mins to keep real hazy maybe do FWH as well then late,hop the bejesus out of it a tasty brew none the less just not on the money:).

English IPA , my first and only attempt driving a grainfather since it was sold next day .

Great mouthfeel , fantastic head retention and laces glass beautifully
Pleasantly bitter but still well balanced , could use more hop aroma but pretty happy with my first attempt an the style and doubt this keg will last long

Attachments

• IMG_20170601_193434.jpg
    IMG_20170601_193434.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 91
@Mark D Pirate Nicely done Mark you can see how compact and frothie that head is. Looks like a top drop on you,can really sink ya teeth into.

Here me Equinox beer three days in the keg and she's shaping up nicely. Think fruity passionfruit and your on it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Hwre is my equinox pale ale full bodied fruity with a lasting head. Cheers

Attachments

• 20170607_160849.jpg
    20170607_160849.jpg
    962.3 KB · Views: 98
I think my kegs should be carbed up by now ... Not touched them in days !
Red ale and a ANZUS pale ale , ended up throwing Riwaka in as dry hop to try a kiwi hop ive heard good things about

Sounds good let me know how these riwaka hops go I've got some Motueka hops in store for another pale I'm thinking of doing with Marris otter and Gladfield red back malt.

Drinking me equinox ale down the passage fishing. Drinking out a bottle.makes you focus more on flavour than aroma a nice pale ale this one very similar to galaxy hopped beer. Very similar to stone and wood pacific ale i think ill try galaxy nelsone and the last of my equinox on my next hop beer. Whatya think?:p
20170609_154725.jpg

I really need to go fishing, the water of all our lakes were too high for months, cant even launch a boat, the ramp was under water, I think its dropped almost to where I can get to the dock now, maybe next week

I was watching fisherman net mullet here at kings beach tuns and tuns of them they net them then drag em up the beach behind 4x4s. Its a family tradition same family been doing it many years.

Im drinking my light beer, not fully finished but carbed enough to drink, beats paying $10 a six pack
oh and watching the Cardinals lose miserably to the reds, wow not like them

Drinking me equinox ale down the passage fishing. Drinking out a bottle.makes you focus more on flavour than aroma a nice pale ale this one very similar to galaxy hopped beer. Very similar to stone and wood pacific ale i think ill try galaxy nelsone and the last of my equinox on my next hop beer. Whatya think?:pView attachment 1638

I think if your beer is setting on the sand you should have your fishing pole in your hand not the camera:D

I think if your beer is setting on the sand you should have your fishing pole in your hand not the camera:D
I think if your beer is sitting in the sand, you're merely warming your beer unnecessarily. It should be in your hand! You can skunk a beer in seconds in that sunlight....

Full-disclosure: I hate beaches. They're hot, they generally stink and they I hurt afterward. Give me my mountains any day! Granted the UV is much higher - a couple of miles less of increasingly murky air to go through - but I'm fully clothed and cool. So there, I'll take a pale ale at 13,000 feet any day.

Back