What are you drinking right now?

Some great looking beverages! @Craigerrr the haze and neipa aren't my favorites, but man, those look fantastic! Is Harp still around? And hey Ruby!
@Megary very nice looking wheat!

Having a chili ale myself.
IMG_20200515_161956.jpg

The beer is my captured yeast belgian blonde made with yeast I captured on my front porch! The glass shows the sailing route we took from Kittery Maine to Newburyport Massachusetts last summer. The guy who hosted the bachelor party, owned and captained the boat drew the image and I bought the glasses and had them etched. It was awesome!
View attachment 10083 View attachment 10084
Wow the talent on these forums just blows my mind. Bloody Amazing Stuff Black muse maybe it's a creativity thing but I recon hombrewers sure are a creative bunch.

Talking of creating this is my third run of hoppy blond definetly one like no other
20200516_160622.jpg

Sample of phase-1 reopening day in our area. IPAs of course... :)
View attachment 10092
Yummy get in my tummy!!
20200516_181454.jpg

Unfortunately I think there is an upside to this double decoction brew.
I was doing this as a nail in the coffin style brew cancellation but it seems there must be more to this decoction thing then meets the eye me thinks...

Grist all pils malt

Last edited:
Wow the talent on these forums just blows my mind. Bloody Amazing Stuff Black muse maybe it's a creativity thing but I recon hombrewers sure are a creative bunch.

Talking of creating this is my third run of hoppy blond definetly one like no other View attachment 10097
That looks juicy! Almost like lemonade! What did you use for hops?

That looks juicy! Almost like lemonade! What did you use for hops?
Ah dude glad you asked I'm sitting by the fire adoring this beer. I just wrote a log entry.
It's like drinking a topical punch. I'm not sure if you get what that means... in Aus we spike fruit punch like mixed fruit in a can with alcohol and serve it for guests. It's truly reminis of that.

Bang on the lemonade but it's more tropical like Pineapple first then passionfruit obviously then the more fruit Mellon rockmellon of ya know that one paw paw lemon like flavours last to finish. I've never brewed a beer like this dude it's a bloody beauty ill link it here it's got 520f passion fruit in the whirlpool that I recon provides some fermentables to cut the beer and make it nice and lite
20200516_184918.jpg

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/952509/hoppy-blond

Ah dude glad you asked I'm sitting by the fire adoring this beer. I just wrote a log entry.
It's like drinking a topical punch. I'm not sure if you get what that means... in Aus we spike fruit punch like mixed fruit in a can with alcohol and serve it for guests. It's truly reminis of that.

Bang on the lemonade but it's more tropical like Pineapple first then passionfruit obviously then the more fruit Mellon rockmellon of ya know that one paw paw lemon like flavours last to finish. I've never brewed a beer like this dude it's a bloody beauty ill link it here it's got 520f passion fruit in the whirlpool that I recon provides some fermentables to cut the beer and make it nice and liteView attachment 10099
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/952509/hoppy-blond
Dude! That sounds amazing! I almost said pineapple juice in my reply! I totally know what you mean! I DO NOT like hoppy beers but when they remind me of pineapple or grapefruit with a touch of sweetness then I can drink them to my hearts content! Awesome picture BTW! - You're drinking the fruits of your labor at night while I'm laboring (on a Porter for Father's day ) in the wee hours of the morning! (granted I have already had two beers! lol - you gotta have a beer while you make beer!)

@Trialben BTW - my background isn't nearly as beautiful as yours! However, the birds are chirping (chickadees) here while the crickets chime out your way!

After this Maple Brown Ale.... my next drink should be ------ coffee! It's not even 6AM!

@Trialben
Cheers! Here's to drinking to drinking at the same time halfway across the world! View attachment 10100
Amen brother you are commited to the Cause brewing great hombrew others would love to make some coin on I'm sure.
Hope that fathers day brew turns out spot on I'm sure it will eh;).

Sorry for late reply was having a D&M with the missus half pissed about baby's names this joker is about to sprout some offspring :eek:...:cool::p:p!

@Trialben BTW - my background isn't nearly as beautiful as yours! However, the birds are chirping (chickadees) here while the crickets chime out your way!
Background dude own it it's yours to enjoy your sunset will become mynsunrise tomorrow morn. Untill we drink for those who have fallen and for those who we will both become;).

Well... I'm piddled too - if that means - Pie Eyed! LOL Sweet! Congrats on the soon to be arrival! Super psyched for you! Be sure to post the possible names! :) I have a boy named Felix (7) and a girl named Aurelia (5).

Talking of creating this is my third run of hoppy blond definetly one like no other View attachment 10097
Looks and sounds very similar to my Low Speed Chase, cheers Ben!

Some great looking beverages! @Craigerrr the haze and neipa aren't my favorites, but man, those look fantastic! Is Harp still around? And hey Ruby!
@Megary very nice looking wheat!

Having a chili ale myself.
View attachment 10091
We get Harp here sometimes, haven't seen it for a while though. There aren't many lagers that I like, but that is one of them. I got the glass from a local Irish pub, they are usually pretty generous with their glass ware. Normally when I ask about getting a glass the service er brings me a clean one in a take home bag!

20200517_135223.jpg

Thought I'd taste my choc coffee more porter I rekon than stout.
It's half carbed chocolate tick, coffee tick mouthfeel tick. Asked missus to take a wiff first thing was coffee then she said coffee mixed with chocolate then astringent gee she's got a good sniffer :).

Nicest day of the year so far, great time to have a hot summer day kinda brew, going to have to get another batch of this one on the go soon! Oh, and Becca says Hey!
View attachment 10106
I see the next tiger woods in the background eh Craigerr practicing for Tuesday's big covid reopening tournament :D!

Back