What are you drinking right now?

That your motorcycle there Hawk looks like a touring style off road cycle

I see a chiller in the background some brewing going on too buy the looks of it?

that was my attempt at a ferm chamber but it kept freezing up. So now it's a work bench.

The motorbike is a 2012 Triumph Tiger 800, it is a nice semi offroad touring bike.

20200414_180809.jpg

YOOPS OATMEAL STOUT is definately one to brew more of for us.

Think of the fruit think of the beer this hoppy blond is drinking well now boys and girls:p!
20200415_190428.jpg

Caus i cant help.myself thats homegrown that passionfruit ive got them comming out my ears get set for a passionfruit hoppy blond...!

@BOB357 posted Torpedo a bit ago and I've wanted one ever since. Hits the spot.
View attachment 9629
I can always find that in bottles, but never have I seen it in cans. Lately, almost all beer that I purchase I in cans. Maybe I’ll have to make an exception.
As for what I’m drinking right now - mimosas, using Spanish Cava with fresh squeezed local orange juice.

Troegs - Wild Elf (2017)

This is one strange beer. Wild fermented with yeast that came in off the PA harvested cherries. Fizzy and tart like no other. The first sip just sucks your cheeks in. Lots and lots of cherry flavor and aroma, with a woody backbone. 11% abv. Really delicious.

87FBB4C1-30CC-4424-902E-81BCA2F2C639.jpeg

Drinking my Kviek Lager beer Covid skare
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/965441/covid-skare

20200420_184613.jpg

Pretty hazy for a lager beer eh?
Yep I find this a common theme when it comes to kviek it's stubborn on clarity and for a "lager like strain" this one is very stubborn!
I recon it's been in the keg three weeks if not a month should be brite by now.
My notes
Look hazy murky slight persistent head
Taste slightly malty / tart sorta zesty
Fairly neutral bready one dimentional.
But it's pretty clean considering it was fermented at 35c.
I Remember fermentation wasn't as fast as other kvieks I've fermented at this temp.
It took 5 days in total and a good 24 hrs until I saw krausen formation. But attenuation was great it finished at 1.005 and that was with that heavy caramel malt grist.
My first time run on this Skare Kviek strain is confusing I'm sorta left wondering if I hit the Mark with this yeast.
Maybe I should try it at a lower ferment temp
But why not just use a traditional larger yeast like 34/70 it can pretty much get the job done in 5 days as well if not 7 easily and it drops pretty clear quick.

Probably won't brew with this kviek yeast again any time soon.
But
Its cleaner than both Voss and Hornindal It is pretty neutral and this recipe was pretty neutral in the hop schedule maybe if I'd used some nobel hops later in boil I'd be more happy with this beer and yeast.
Ah gee :p the rabbit hole of brewing...

Back