What are you drinking right now?

My Tuesday Melbourne cup sampler. Oh my! This beer is good sooo Morrish this keg ain't gunna last much longer and maybe my marriage it tastes that good!:D Look at the clarity on that now if I served this to you at the bar you wouldn't know it's a homebrew! Loving it! The power even went,off today in my area I though oh beers gunna be upset little too much carbonation but lovely drop .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 176
Today my mid week tipple started with my L1 lager and now vanilla cream ale WOW! Is all I can say this is creaping into the best ever brewed catagory. I know I bombard this thread with my beers but youse have to taste this! vodka is fading to background now and all is a full mouthfeel of sweet vanilla crisp rounded taste clinging mouthful of morishness:p. If youse are stuck on a recipe and need to get a lawn mower beer on tap this ones ya brew I see why it's in the top 5!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    535.8 KB · Views: 145
drank some IPAs, and a guiness antewpen because they threw in a custom engraved glass at the bar. SCORE.

Finished up with a Munich SMaSH homebrew. Someone define this style of beer for me. It's 100% munich malt, 100% Hallertau Blanc hops @ 30 IBUs ... and German Ale Wyeast. 8.4 SRM and finished out at exactly 5% ABV... is it an altbier?

Finishing off a keg of my first attempt at a blonde ale for my friends who don't like the richer stuff. It actually came out tastier than I expected. I got some good clarity too.

IMG_0554.JPG

Finished off the Bustin Out Stout. Will brew that again for a house stout.;)
Just taste tested our new Robust porter and Belgian Dubbel.
Porter is a tweeked recipe that was good before. Can already taste the chocolate/caramel/roast goodness.
Dubbel is still yeasty but the balance of caramel/fruity spicy is there.

Im drinking my Amber Roast and darn this is good, took a while to condition, it first tasted like almonds sort of, now I can defiantly taste the roasted flavor and its clearing finally that M54 yeast is slow to clear but once done it has no odd yeast flavor of any kind, Im happy with this beer

happy monday. bar night: local Rectify Coffee Porter by Urban South, and then Hotbox Coffee Porter, and then Guinness Rye Pale Ale which was surprisingly REALLY good, had a great sweet hop character to it, i was suuuper into it. Also did Pumpkinator by Saint Arnold, which definitely put me over the limit, but still finished up with La Trappe Quadrupel, which was awesome. Great dried fruit character, i'm ready to pass out.

Drink more beer.
Hope you aren't driving

Hope you aren't driving
only to the bar.

having another liter of my Munich SMaSH tonight. it's growing on me, I think it could have aged another week in the secondary perhaps. Or fermented slightly colder. good beer though, sits nice on these cloudy gloomy days.

edit: also been drinking Abita's Christmas ale this week, and got the Sam Adams winter pack which includes Boston Lager, Old Feziwig, Ginger Beer, Chocolate Bock, and Winter Lager.... The chocolate bock was the clear winner in that box.

Last edited:
Cracked open a bottle of my own " Little Creatures Pale " tonight and have to say i'm pretty happy with it , stats wise it fits almost dead centre of the APA style ( 18B) but is still a little hazy with a slight grassy after taste ....not a comp candidate but a bloody tasty beer for the warmer weather heading my way
First time i've used 5 different hops in a single brew
Cascade , Citra(Dry hopped ) and Chinook with some Amarillo mostly late ... smells and tastes great !

Cracked open a bottle of my own " Little Creatures Pale " tonight and have to say i'm pretty happy with it , stats wise it fits almost dead centre of the APA style ( 18B) but is still a little hazy with a slight grassy after taste ....not a comp candidate but a bloody tasty beer for the warmer weather heading my way
First time i've used 5 different hops in a single brew
Cascade , Citra(Dry hopped ) and Chinook with some Amarillo mostly late ... smells and tastes great !
What sort of base did you blend these hops with there Mark? Some GP and Crystal?

No GP in that one

4 kg JWM trad. ale
1.1 kg munich I (Weyermann)
.3 kg JWM wheat
.3 kg Carapils / carafoam ( Weyermann )
nothing unusual in the grain bill , could get same result with about any generic 2 row pale

Make friends with your bartenders people. It'll leave you feelin' good.

Had that Enjoy By 11.25 tonight, excellent double IPA, can't expect anything less from Stone at this point... Had Unibroue A Tout Le Monde, an excellent session. And in the midst of Ayinger's Oktoberfest, we did shots of Ghost Tequila. yes that's tequila with ghost pepper.

OH! Also, this guy ordered a Blanton's Bourbon tonight, and he got the last shot in the bottle. I asked for the bottle, and could not stop sniffing it, the smoooothest smelling bourbon. Damn, Gotta get my hands on that so I can throw some oak in for infusion, and hopefully use for an imperial stout or imperial brown.

Drinking my stikks vanilla cream ale vanilla is still bursting forth On the nose with a slight lingering sweetness a lovely brew not a guzzler but a nice one or two brew

3 beers. One for me, one for my wife, and one for my girlfriend. In case you can't read the writing, pumpkin spice porter, amber lager, and kolsch. And I just poured a fourth for another girl who showed up.

Attachments

• IMG_0507.JPG
    IMG_0507.JPG
    544.1 KB · Views: 118
3 beers for me too but I expect 3 more later, my pale ale is the best

Vanilla cream ale yet again I tell ya what that vanilla is faiding :oops: drink it while she's young I say! What it's been four weeks ish so anyone doing vanilla brews be aware it does fade like hops .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    358.2 KB · Views: 126
I'm having nosybear's märzen. Pretty malty but enough bitterness so that its not too sweet. Really like the hazy golden color. I'm getting something fruity in there too, but not sure what.

Let me try one tonight - it's evolving over time.

Back