What are you drinking right now?

Waitin' on my Irish Red... I've been enjoying Winter Brew from Josephsbrau (Trader Joe's brand).

Really quite a tasty doppelbock, and only $6 a six-pack!

Anyone up for a pils? A fake one that is:)
image.jpeg

Cracked an early sample of my latest clone attempt , definitely got the esters kicking this time around but tastes a little thinner than the real thing ...once it finishes carbing up hoping that will fill mouth better ....in fact i might toddle off to pub for a refresher in how it's supposed to taste
Happy hour and the jazz band has left the building ...not seeing a downside !

We just left the TSO concert and walked to a bar, just to avoid the traffic. There was a live band playing blues music. Score! My wife was hoping for the Blue Moon Gingerbread Ale they had last year. No dice. But another holiday beer they had definitely had that spice mix in it.

I found a New Castle Brown ale recipe somewhere on the internet. First time I've brewed it. Good stuff! The jerky had been taking up residency in my smoker for the past 48 hours. Slow and steady wins the race.

In the background you can barely see Mrs. jeffpn. She's enjoying her new gingerbread ale I brewed for her. On tap today.

Attachments

• IMG_0904.JPG
    IMG_0904.JPG
    470.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I don't know which beer you're referring to, but I'm happy with both! I like the Newcastle. I don't like spice or fruit beers as a rule. But for a gingerbread ale, I think I knocked it out of the park!

Irish Red Ale...brewed 11/6. Went all out with some labels from Grogtag just for fun. Tastes pretty darn good; cracked the first tonight but may give them a few more days carbonating. That Super-Kleer worked great - this beer is bright! FG 1.009 (6.04% ABV) and 84% attenuation .

Attachments

• 20161208_201534-756x1008.jpg
    20161208_201534-756x1008.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 98
Irish Red Ale...brewed 11/6. Went all out with some labels from Grogtag just for fun. Tastes pretty darn good; cracked the first tonight but may give them a few more days carbonating. That Super-Kleer worked great - this beer is bright! FG 1.009 (6.04% ABV) and 84% attenuation .
Gee that looks pro love your labels you might find your beers on the shelf next when you go to the pub ;). Nice colour the beer a little lacking on head but I'm sure some more time in bottle might bring that to the fore all in all as long as it tastes fine who cares what's on top :D

Wow I love this beer! :p It tastes as good as it looks. I bought some new beer glasses today from local homebrew Aussie headmaster glasses schooner size. The head on this pils is thick when you move the glass side to side it stays rigid never had a beer do that before. Yea I'm boasting I just am stoked with this brew :D if I could give youse beer conisours at tast I would.

Christmas better hurry up or I'll drink this keg dry

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    648.3 KB · Views: 103
Oh and here's my Sch its swartzy beer I kegged it yesterday just did a sneeky pour just to see her in the glass its got some conditioning to go. Its traditional on the nose as in larger smelling no real aromas. It's got some nice body going on so young to tell though. It's clean with a little caramel which I was hoping for after all that fluffing about roasting:p. For a green beer it throws a nice head maybe the glass lol. It's a well rounded beer nice on the palate lasts,some time. Well I'm sure it's going tO get only better.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 111
Yep rewarding will be brewing another one other side of Christmas.

Gee that looks pro love your labels you might find your beers on the shelf next when you go to the pub ;). Nice colour the beer a little lacking on head but I'm sure some more time in bottle might bring that to the fore all in all as long as it tastes fine who cares what's on top :D

The glass was half drank when I took the picture. There was a head and carb bubbling and mouth feel throughout the drinking session but I agree, it needs a bit more time. But it's close...and tastes good!

The glass was half drank when I took the picture. There was a head and carb bubbling and mouth feel throughout the drinking session but I agree, it needs a bit more time. But it's close...and tastes good!
That's the main thing wood house glad you had a win. Many more I'm sure;)

Had a couple of Kettle House Fresh Bongwater hemp ales. Brewed in their new brewery. Light slightly hoppy pale ale with hemp aftertaste.
Went to a Full Sail Wassail. Great winter ale. Gotta have some every year. As a matter of fact will pour one more right now!!!

I'm drinking my Amber Roast, very nice and just a hint of roast taste, light brown ale, this beer is a sipper and is hanging around longer than normal because its higher in alcohol than normal otherwise it would be a drinker, its good

Back