What are you drinking right now?

Drinking what I like to call Satan's Ass. Truth be told I have never licked his ass, but I'm betting this is what it would have tasted like.
A couple of pics then..,..
IMG_20191026_155052.jpg
IMG_20191026_155208.jpg

Can you see the sparkles in the head? Weird!!
So the first bottle I cracked open was only half full. So it was oxidized and horrible hense the name. This bottle is marginally better. Has no hop flavor. Maybe I forgot the gypsum? The initial bitterness hits a bit late and reminds me of a burntness, maybe burnt-bitter-ash. This recipe might have been good, double the hops added some gypsum if indeed I forgot. Probably will drop and forget while moving on to another.

Nice looking beer.
I downed a bunch of beer today, so backing it off with some PBR, trying to hang in for supper before hitting the pillow :)

Hanging with the dingo.
View attachment 7710
Wrong colour for a Dingo but I'll let it pass:).
Looks more like a brindle dog.

Lindy Chamberlain I'm sure her name is got dragged through the courts on that exclamation no-one in Aus believed her at the time decades later after much heartache getting accused of killing her own child it seems she was right all along.

Last bottle of the last extract batch I made. Originally called it 1902, by the end of the batch it was simply "Cluster Pop". Briess Golden Light DME and Cluster Hops at about 40 IBU and Fermentis US-05. Really enjoyed this one, especially after about a month of cold conditioning.

Had a couple of my "Sticky Blonde" Cream Ales tonight. Think I'm on the wrong track with that one. Going to comepletely rework that one and call the next one "Blonde on Blonde" after one of the greatest works of art of all time, to quote DDP, "If you know, you know".

IMGA0229.jpg

Latest rendition of Cit Ruby Cit, just kegged it Saturday, about 30 hours @ 30psi, about 10-12 psi since, not fully carbed yet but tasty. I attribute the haze to the second massive dose of hops added after fermentation (I think). It may clear up in time.
20191028_225327.jpg

Latest rendition of Cit Ruby Cit, just kegged it Saturday, about 30 hours @ 30psi, about 10-12 psi since, not fully carbed yet but tasty. I attribute the haze to the second massive dose of hops added after fermentation (I think). It may clear up in time.
View attachment 7721
You mean, clear up before it’s fully consumed... :p
I’ve never had that problem :rolleyes:

Wrong colour for a Dingo but I'll let it pass:).
Looks more like a brindle dog.

Lindy Chamberlain I'm sure her name is got dragged through the courts on that exclamation no-one in Aus believed her at the time decades later after much heartache getting accused of killing her own child it seems she was right all along.
That's right, I forgot that was based on a true story. I feel bad for poking fun at that, whatever the truth is, it was a tragedy.

View attachment 7721

I use 3 oz. of dry hops in 5.25 gallon batches of my house IPA and it stays cloudy all the way through the keg. Looks like what PNW breweries called, "unfiltered IPA" some time back. It does get almost 5 oz. of kettle hops too. Wondering if the total amount of hops plays into that.

German Alt. First attempt and tastes delicious. Although I’ve never had a German Alt to compare it to. Low bitterness and nice “biscuity” malty backbone. I’m no judge, so that’s the best I can describe it.

FE32FFC3-FA63-42F6-8020-A25C80E2916D.jpeg

When I was in the Lions Club our District Governor had a great saying made up of 13 two letter words. "If it is to be, it is up to me to do it."
That's the only way to get this beer here, and I want some :)

I use 3 oz. of dry hops in 5.25 gallon batches of my house IPA and it stays cloudy all the way through the keg. Looks like what PNW breweries called, "unfiltered IPA" some time back. It does get almost 5 oz. of kettle hops too. Wondering if the total amount of hops plays into that.
I’m always playing catch-up. So don’t let them condition long enough. On 5.5 gallon IPAs, I usually hop with 10-12 total ounces, 5 to 6 being dry hops. I need to do one with just 2 ounces of dry hops again and go for a clear WC IPA.

Back