What are you doing with homebrew today?

There are much shorter auto siphons made just for smaller batches.
Auto Siphon Starter Mini - 5/16 in. | MoreBeer
Bought one a few years ago when I was planning to play around with 1 gallon pilot batches. Not sure, but don't think I ever used it.
I upgraded to a 24" long siphon because the mini siphon doesn't reach the bottom of the 1 gallon jug if you're using the included clip

Edited to add that I bottled a Vienna/Sterling smash and weighed grains for tomorrow. I'll get water and ice in the morning to brew a west coast pale, fingers crossed.
20210308_102207.jpg

Last edited:
Found the cause for my 3 partial mash brews under attenuation. All 3 were fermented with M36, Liberty Bell Ale. Always hit my targets using it in all grain brews, Just added dry hops and checked gravity of my 2 Hearted likeness, and it hit 1.009, 3 points below the expected 1.012. Fermented this one with M42, New World Strong Ale, suspecting yeast to be the cause. Looks like M36 doesn't like something about LME.

There are much shorter auto siphons made just for smaller batches.
Auto Siphon Starter Mini - 5/16 in. | MoreBeer
Bought one a few years ago when I was planning to play around with 1 gallon pilot batches. Not sure, but don't think I ever used it.
When I am not using my Fermonster i use one of those. I use the clip once and stopped due to what @Sunfire96 said.

today it is time to let my fermenter warm up to 70 if it wants. Krausen is dropping and bubbles slowing. Another week and it will be ready to rack assuming I drink enough to make room :)

When I am not using my Fermonster i use one of those. I use the clip once and stopped due to what @Sunfire96 said.

today it is time to let my fermenter warm up to 70 if it wants. Krausen is dropping and bubbles slowing. Another week and it will be ready to rack assuming I drink enough to make room :)

I have faith in you Josh. You can do it :)

Installed a gas post on the fermenter for a gauge and regulator. SS Brewtech PRV is inconsistent. Could only get 1/2 psi and then it'd blow and go back to atm pressure. So I replaced the spring with a stack of stainless steel washers.

spunding.jpg

Last edited:
Bottled my latest cider and a 1 gallon pale ale batch. I've recently brewed 2 single hop pales with the same grain bill, and I'm thinking tomorrow I'll brew a 3rd with Simcoe. Then I'll have 3 single hopped pales to compare/contrast, which sounds more fun :D

Pressure Transfered cider to a keg. I learned several things:
1. You should not work with large amounts of liquid while on a carpet.
2. Instead of pulling the racking cane up when the keg is getting full, you should pull the co2 hose from the carboy cap.
3. My wife is very helpful cleaning up spilled cider.
4. This cider is delicious, if slightly too warm.

Back