What are you doing with homebrew today?

As Snowpocalypse piles up, brewing a Grisette, kind of like a session Saison. It was the beer of miners and workers in parts of France and Belgium. Meanwhile, patio furniture for your viewing pleasure...View attachment 14693
Dang, that looks like some of the lake effect snow snow we get around here. Didn't realize anyone else gets hammered that hard. In the words of late Buffalo mayor Jimmy Griffin "Stay at home, grab a six pack"

Dang, that looks like some of the lake effect snow snow we get around here. Didn't realize anyone else gets hammered that hard. In the words of late Buffalo mayor Jimmy Griffin "Stay at home, grab a six pack"
We dug out this morning. For you it's lake effect, for us it's upslope. A low sets up in southeast Colorado, throws Gulf moisture up against the mountains and it dumps.

3999E2D6-509E-4229-8873-CE13E6CF0462.jpeg
Kegged a bitter. Turned out real well IMO.

White stuff is pretty much all gone here, by the looks of the long range forecast, we aren't likely to get any more... a crap, now that I said it, watch us get dumped ono_O

Checked gravity on Fridays brew fermented with VOSS, good to go at 1010, so set it for 2C to give it a good cold crash.
20210315_203441.jpg

Sent your white stuff my way , didn't ya...

Just brewing up a batch of "Another Beer in the Wall" Amber Ale.......hitting all the numbers!!!
Plus while it mashes away I kegged the Bonnie and Clyde Mango MilkShake NEIPA, can't wait till tomorrow night!!

Opening an email telling me about a spring bulk by. Being all stocked up on base malt and adjuncts it is time to order hops and yeast! I'm actually stocked up good on hops too, so this is an opportunity to buy some I haven't used yet (ldorado, Idaho 7, motueka), and pound of galaxy for a good price!

Opening an email telling me about a spring bulk by. Being all stocked up on base malt and adjuncts it is time to order hops and yeast! I'm actually stocked up good on hops too, so this is an opportunity to buy some I haven't used yet (ldorado, Idaho 7, motueka), and pound of galaxy for a good price!
Eldorado mmm love this hop I've tried motueka but havnt formed much of an opinion on this one only tried it once.
Idaho 7 I've not used nothing like a.new adventure in hombrewing:)

Started thinking my Amber Ale wasn't going to start. When I cooled it after the boil, it seemed to be cooling slower than I thought it should so I put the coil on a pump in a tub of ice water. That dropped it to 65*F and I finished up and stuck in my fridge at 64*. When I started my Brewers Friend brew session I saw the Tilt was reading 55*F. It took a out 6-7 hours to warm back up to 64*F but then nothing seemed to start going. I was starting to worry about the Safale 05 , had it for quite a while but had a good date. Now about 40 hours later it looks to bubbling along nicely. Just needed some patience.

Today I bottled for the first time (!), in preparation for the NHC. Used a borrowed counterpressure filler to fill from the keg and... lordy, what a mess!

Going to start a new thread about bottling from a keg. Again, the photo is forced to landscape orientation...
7627D08E-A786-4317-9811-ECFBCF925AC1.jpeg

Today I bottled for the first time (!), in preparation for the NHC. Used a borrowed counterpressure filler to fill from the keg and... lordy, what a mess!

Going to start a new thread about bottling from a keg. Again, the photo is forced to landscape orientation...
View attachment 14726
Welcome to the wonderful world of bottling.

I really hate bottling. I just use my growler filler and a catch bucket these days, and accept the wastage.

Back