What are you doing with homebrew today?

Cleaned and packed away some bottles, and brewed a one gallon batch of Simcoe pale ale. Got up to 75% brewhouse efficiency with my stove top BIAB for a few brews in a row now. Starting to appreciate consistency :) Now to get my 2.5 gal system's efficiency up lol

I bottled my three yeast test samples today. In the bottle I got one PET bottle and five 12 oz bottles. After bottling just three six packs I realized why I only keg, what a pain.
On my second batch, I had one bottle done and realized I forgot the priming sugar.
BRY-97, Safale 04 and German Kolsch 97 yeasts just to taste the difference.

Oh yeah, I don't remember where I read it but placing the bottling bucket over the open dishwasher door was pure genius!
I can't do that when I bottle, the DW is my bottle drying rack!

I use the dishwasher door as my bottling platform. The last couple batches, I have included a deep plastic tub, so all overfill is contained. This system works well for me, and I don’t find bottling to be too much of a chore.

Cleaned beer lines and a keg, kegged my 2 Hearted likeness and cleaned the fermenter. The Bucket Blaster sure makes it easy when you've got a lot of cleaning to do.
Cleaning.jpg

Curious how you've set yours up to do your tap system like that.

I put a PVC pipe plug in place of the stand pipe and remove the QDs from one of the Bucket Blaster lines and 2 draft lines. I then use a male flare coupling to connect one draft line to the Bucket Blaster line, run a piece of 3/8" silicone tubing between the 2 faucets and another piece from the second draft line into the bucket as a return. I have return springs in my faucets, so need to prop them open. I switch the 2 draft lines to reverse the flow after a few minutes. Not sure if it helps, but only takes a few seconds.

I clean the QDs separately, using a chop stick to depress the plunger while running hot tap water through the disconnect. I've seen fittings to connect 2 ball lock QDs together and are supposed to work with either gas in or beer out QDs. Will probably order a couple of them to integrate cleaning QDs into the process.

Just finished cleaning up after kegging the pale ale with Citra and mosaic. Smells very tropical mon!
Debating if I want to dry hop it or not. I don't have a top draw, but I could rig up some marbles and a bag to float the hops in

I put a PVC pipe plug in place of the stand pipe and remove the QDs from one of the Bucket Blaster lines and 2 draft lines. I then use a male flare coupling to connect one draft line to the Bucket Blaster line, run a piece of 3/8" silicone tubing between the 2 faucets and another piece from the second draft line into the bucket as a return. I have return springs in my faucets, so need to prop them open. I switch the 2 draft lines to reverse the flow after a few minutes. Not sure if it helps, but only takes a few seconds.

I clean the QDs separately, using a chop stick to depress the plunger while running hot tap water through the disconnect. I've seen fittings to connect 2 ball lock QDs together and are supposed to work with either gas in or beer out QDs. Will probably order a couple of them to integrate cleaning QDs into the process.
Haha, I use chop sticks on the qd's as well!

I planned on nothing, but the Mrs and I kicked the Porter, so I got on cleaning that keg. And dry hopped my Wayner’s Pale Ale. I have it in the closet, almost forgot! Out of sight, out of mind. :oops:

As Snowpocalypse piles up, brewing a Grisette, kind of like a session Saison. It was the beer of miners and workers in parts of France and Belgium. Meanwhile, patio furniture for your viewing pleasure...View attachment 14693
I’m “liking” this picture because it’s not my porch!
:)

Yeah, way to much white stuff. We just had power come back on so catching up on heat and warm food/coffee. This pic was taken this morning. Probably another 6-8 inches easy since then. Our chicken run is 6'.
Not much happening with home brew today!
PXL_20210314_145714931.jpg

As Snowpocalypse piles up, brewing a Grisette, kind of like a session Saison. It was the beer of miners and workers in parts of France and Belgium. Meanwhile, patio furniture for your viewing pleasure...View attachment 14693
I tried a grisette in Virginia that was delicious. Reminded me of the lightness of a gose, but without the salt :) very curious how it turns out. Have you brewed this before?

Framgarden is all dried.
Quite dark.
Will freeze this batch some little mites were In my other dried yeast. Who k ows how they got in there :eek:.
Anyhow I'll test viability and flavour in another bottle of apple juice I think.
20210315_060751.jpg

Looks almost like jerky :).

Yeah, way to much white stuff. We just had power come back on so catching up on heat and warm food/coffee. This pic was taken this morning. Probably another 6-8 inches easy since then. Our chicken run is 6'.
Not much happening with home brew today!
View attachment 14695
Bloody Nora that is amazing looks like stout barleywine weather.

Back