What are you doing with homebrew today?

Recovering from vaccine #2 in the fetal position on the couch :confused: also trying to put together a recipe with the last of my fermentables and hops. Probably going to be a pale/session IPA

My respiratory problems increased considerably just after my second shot (Moderna). Lasted about 3 days. Not sure if it was the vaccine or a change in my allergy meds. No reaction from the first shot. Hang in there. You'll be much safer in the long run.

Took a gravity sample of David Heath's ESB which I brewed a week ago yesterday. Looks done to me at 1010, so set it up to cold crash. Will leave it there for about 4-5 days then keg it up. Sample tasted spot on for an ESB, hoping that it comes out very similar to the Fullers Champion ESB.
20210306_133144.jpg

Recovering from vaccine #2 in the fetal position on the couch :confused: also trying to put together a recipe with the last of my fermentables and hops. Probably going to be a pale/session IPA
I got it completely backwards. Had these weird rolling bodyaches after the 1st, nothing after the 2nd. Almost wondered if they shot me up with water the 2nd time

As Shady Bo kicked last night I am cleaning a keg, and sorting out a leak on the gas post.
Also gearing up to brew another batch this coming Friday as the Black IPA is close to kicking as well.
I think I will use VOSS on the next batch to expedite getting it on tap!
Might just be brewing the next few Fridays as Wayner's and my NEIPA kegs are getting low as well.

I checked on our cider. It is still bubbling occasionally, and seems a bit clearer. On Friday, there was just a thin layer of trub, but today the trub is at least half an inch thick. There are not any offensive odors coming from the carboy, so that gives me hope that we’ll end up with a tasty beverage.
After only 6 days of conditioning, I put a single bottle of Janet’s Brown Ale in the fridge. I might pour that bottle tonight, to check for quality control.

Waiting......
Cider needs at least another day in the fridge.
Other batch is carbing

Can't remember the last time I used a syphon!!!!

Neither can I, but currently have cider fermenting in a better bottle, the only fermenter I own that doesn't have a spigot, so will be using mine to rack into a keg when it's done.

Yep, I’ll be using a siphon when our cider is ready. That cider is fermenting in the 1-gallon glass jug (carboy) that the juice came in. I certainly don’t miss messing with the siphon, now that I have fermenters with spigots, but those fermenters (so far) have only been used for beer. I have both a racking cane (much harder to use) and an auto siphon. The problem with the auto siphon is its length, which makes it futzy when using with a 1-gallon carboy.

Yep, I’ll be using a siphon when our cider is ready. That cider is fermenting in the 1-gallon glass jug (carboy) that the juice came in. I certainly don’t miss messing with the siphon, now that I have fermenters with spigots, but those fermenters (so far) have only been used for beer. I have both a racking cane (much harder to use) and an auto siphon. The problem with the auto siphon is its length, which makes it futzy when using with a 1-gallon carboy.

There are much shorter auto siphons made just for smaller batches.
Auto Siphon Starter Mini - 5/16 in. | MoreBeer
Bought one a few years ago when I was planning to play around with 1 gallon pilot batches. Not sure, but don't think I ever used it.

Back