What are you doing with homebrew today?

Mini-mash for 2 gallon batch of stout.
IMG_20210304_103448.jpg

Had a small CO2 leak and traced it to a manifold. Couldn't find it with leak test soap or star san. So I dunked it in a bucket of water. Tiny bubble every once in a while coming from the stop/check valve. Took it apart and there's no seal except for some Loctite on a not very good metal to metal seal. Luckily I had a spare.

Had a small CO2 leak and traced it to a manifold. Couldn't find it with leak test soap or star san. So I dunked it in a bucket of water. Tiny bubble every once in a while coming from the stop/check valve. Took it apart and there's no seal except for some Loctite on a not very good metal to metal seal. Luckily I had a spare.

I was losing 20lb tanks about 4x faster than I should for a while. I ended up doing the whole dunk thing too. Turned out it was right at the regulator where I just glossed over.

I just put a bottle of cider with tamarind in the fridge. I'll drink it tomorrow or the day after.
And I have just seen that my potassium benzoate apple juice has finished fermenting. It is now clear....

Tough job, but somebody had to do it:D:D:D
Well your brewing with extract now Bob, you must have all kinds of extra time on your hands!
Kidding man, one of my favorite threads to, was just about to start a new one myself.
Cheers Brother!

Just kegged the Irish Stout. Probably the 4th or 5th time I’ve brewed the same recipe. This is the first time since I’ve treated my water. I did use notty instead of s04. One of the best tasting beers I’ve made, pre carb of course. It will be ready to roll in a week or so. If any typos I “ had”to drink about 40 ounces of Wagner’s tonight . So....

Finalizing my recipe for today. Another best bitter. Was going a Hobgoblin style ale but changed my mind. 88% MO, 8% Medium Crystal, 4% victory. 28 ibu of EKG at first wort and 8 ibu of Fuggles at 15 minutes. Using Pub Slurry

Recovering from vaccine #2 in the fetal position on the couch :confused: also trying to put together a recipe with the last of my fermentables and hops. Probably going to be a pale/session IPA
@Sunfire96 Feel better soon, it's worth it in the long run. Most of my friend's anecdotal reports indicate about 24-30 hours of recovery time.
Fluids! Non-alcoholic though.

Recovering from vaccine #2 in the fetal position on the couch :confused: also trying to put together a recipe with the last of my fermentables and hops. Probably going to be a pale/session IPA
That was me last weekend. Got my shot early Friday and felt like fecal matter until Sunday’s coffee.

Back