What are you doing with homebrew today?

So what are you connecting your recirculating arm too a sparge arm or just a hose redirected back ontop of the wort?

LOC LINE[/QUOTE]
That's pretty snazzy I've got similar flexible stainless hose.
Love your setup.

Bottled my Voss wheat
IMG_20230318_140827255.jpg

Trub is left in the fermenter. I'll brew again tomorrow

Cleaning a beer line and a keg, have to make room for last week's brew in the keg fridge, and another keg coming from my buddy Pat. I gave him the immersion chiller I made a couple of years ago. In the next couple days I will have 4 kegs on tap. The Bunyip is getting low, maybe a 1/4 or 1/3 of the keg left. Will have to brew again in a couple of weeks to keep the pipeline full. Here is my beer line cleaning set up. I mix up BLC in one small bottle, fill the big one with water, sanitizer in the third. Push the cleaner in and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly, then push in some sanitizer.
20230318_110233.jpg

;)Sooooo mosaic. Is that the “cat pee” my wife smells?
:eek:oh no that's insane they rekon some people are more sensitive to it!
Sorta like the Asparagus thing if you get my drift.

Let's hope not Josh some crop years can be worse than others what year hops were they?

Dry hopped the rest of my Cascade wet hops I left over man they smelt bloody wonderful!

And juiced 270 g of ginger
20230320_181644.jpg

This shows how good that cold press juicer does on extracting all the juicy goodness out of things.
I'd say that's atleast 250ml of pure ginger goodness right there yum!

Labelled my Old Suffolk strong ale divided between keg and bottles. Glad I left it another 24 hours as the difference in appearance changed considerably between Days 8 and 9 but the S.G. remained constant across 4 days. With the exception of barley wine which I only made once years ago in the days before I kept notes, this is comfortably the strongest beer I have ever made at 7% ABV. Aroma is very (pleasantly) strong too. Conditioning now to the last day of March.

Taking a few weeks between brews again. Enjoying being a bit more disciplined. That test bottle could prove a bit tempting mind you.

image.jpg
I bottled my Use ‘Em Up Amber Ale, almost getting 24 filled. That bottle back right is a mostly full trub bomb that will be the first opened to test conditioning. This is a one off batch in which I used a variety of little bits of hops. This is the brew that convinced me to resume bagging hops on brew day, as I lost a lot to hops and trub.
Cheers!

:eek:oh no that's insane they rekon some people are more sensitive to it!
Sorta like the Asparagus thing if you get my drift.

Let's hope not Josh some crop years can be worse than others what year hops were they?
I have heard people describe some of the really wicked bitter IPA's to have a bit of a dank cat pee order. Was there actuall a bad crop of hops that produced that as an off flavor/smell?

I have heard people describe some of the really wicked bitter IPA's to have a bit of a dank cat pee order. Was there actuall a bad crop of hops that produced that as an off flavor/smell?
Well I've herd hops change from year to year both Simcoe and Mosaic are two hops I've herd this correlation to cat piss

Simcoe totally I get that dankness but way more the tropical fruit vibe I don't know where that cat piss comes from with Mosaic but hops high in the mercene hop oil compound are more likely to come across on this cat piss front.

Anyhow I was just hoping that the 2022-23 Mosaic hop crop might not be prone to this.

Last edited:

Back