What are you doing with homebrew today?

Moved a bottle of voss weevilly wheat to the fridge. Bit early, but I just want to try it :)

I will be consuming commercial brew at the zoom meeting tomorrow, we are away at a cottage for the weekend.

For anyone who is unaware and may be interested in joining us, we have an informal social zoom meeting on the last Saturday of each month. Everyone is welcome to join in! Feel free to login, here is a link to the details which includes a link to the meeting itself.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/threads/monthly-happy-hour.16166/

Bunyip is at 1.009 (give or take depending on you religious beliefs dealing with the tilt :p) so I can hopefully keg it in a few days.

I am brewing a Scottish 60 shilling that I’ll call Tolbooth 60 shilling after a pub in Edinburgh

For anyone who is unaware and may be interested in joining us, we have an informal social zoom meeting on the last Saturday of each month. Everyone is welcome to join in! Feel free to login, here is a link to the details which includes a link to the meeting itself.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/threads/monthly-happy-hour.16166/
I look forward to seeing you there!

Today I increased the CO2 pressure on the lager, I'm trying to carbonate it a little so I can try a 'raw' sample at the club Zoom meeting. Then I need to leave it alone for a while...

I should be bottling my 2nd weevilly wheat, but not sure if it is going to happen.
I did something wrong with my right elbow. Not sure if I can operate the capper.
I'll test just now.
1 bottle weevilly wheat 1 is in the fridge for testing tonite

Bunyip is at 1.009 (give or take depending on you religious beliefs dealing with the tilt :p) so I can hopefully keg it in a few days.

I am brewing a Scottish 60 shilling that I’ll call Tolbooth 60 shilling after a pub in Edinburgh
I think we've been to the same pub. On the Royal Mile, IIRC. So named because it sits where the city tollbooth/gate was before Holyrood was built. Didja make it to World's End?

10DFA754-773E-4511-9646-546FDEF68784.png
CDA6291B-0E74-4E91-814B-F4BF42A295BD.png
8A2A8310-D035-4A24-972A-F350E1294894.png
4428F590-45C4-42EC-AEC8-F17FBF3168A0.png
Yes went there as well.

some pics of Tolbooth Tavern

Last edited:
Looks like a great spot! Right in your wheel house Josh! Or wait, is that you, or your younger brother?

Back