What are you doing with homebrew today?

Took a gravity sample on that ginger beer I put down last week

About 1.006 ish 2 points off finish
20230326_141541.jpg

Oh man I near sneezed when I took a sniff of this ginger bomb it's great:p.

That aroma wow unmistakable ginger all round a real tummy warmer too I'm looking g forward to this one.

As for the hops thier totally overwhelmed by the ginger.

Took a gravity sample on that ginger beer I put down last week

About 1.006 ish 2 points off finish View attachment 24833
Oh man I near sneezed when I took a sniff of this ginger bomb it's great:p.

That aroma wow unmistakable ginger all round a real tummy warmer too I'm looking g forward to this one.

As for the hops thier totally overwhelmed by the ginger.
I’m interested in creating a ginger beer. Do you have a recipe that you would care to share?

I’m interested in creating a ginger beer. Do you have a recipe that you would care to share?
Sure thing got two one is an algrain recipe:
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/828285/ginger-ninger

And this is the latest GF recipe: https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1351628/ginger-beer

Both are pretty solid.
I feel the ginger beer GF is more authentic. It's alot of ginger if you wanna dial it down maybe go half the ginger.

You can also use lemon in place of the myrtle leaves zest the lemon I'd go 2 lemons.

You can also add some spices too clove and cinnamon.

Yeast choice is your call herm I'd try and get something that doesn't attenuate like crazy

Oh and you can add hops or not I prefer a little extra bitterness :)

The algrain one I'd stick with the hops mind you.

But I found the ginger covers a fair bit of the aroma up.

Being on my last 2 sixes of my Cream and Albany ale, I had intended on brewing today but a number of set backs and dueling priorities along with me realizing that I hadn't preped anything for the week with respect to caring for Wifey..a day with my stainless steel girlfiend became a no go...but one door closes and another door opens! While cleaning up and putting things back in the cellar, imagine my joy when I discovered that I really wasn't on the verge of being out of home brew!

20230326_124353.jpg

Thank you Saint Arnulf!

Sure thing got two one is an algrain recipe:
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/828285/ginger-ninger

And this is the latest GF recipe: https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1351628/ginger-beer

Both are pretty solid.
I feel the ginger beer GF is more authentic. It's alot of ginger if you wanna dial it down maybe go half the ginger.

You can also use lemon in place of the myrtle leaves zest the lemon I'd go 2 lemons.

You can also add some spices too clove and cinnamon.

Yeast choice is your call herm I'd try and get something that doesn't attenuate like crazy

Oh and you can add hops or not I prefer a little extra bitterness :)

The algrain one I'd stick with the hops mind you.

But I found the ginger covers a fair bit of the aroma up.

Thanks Ben. I am surprised that in the all grain recipe malt is used for the fermentables, I expected table sugar or honey would be the only source. I’ll give one or both of these a try some day in the future.
Cheers!

I worked up my own recipe for Ginger Ninger using @Trialben recipe as a guide, opting to use the all grain approach. Hopefully, I can get to that brew before summer, though that seems far in the future. This morning, we were below freezing, and now mid afternoon, temps are in the low 40’s. Going tomorrow with some friends to spend some days and nights in Bend, where the forecast calls for even colder temps.

I worked up my own recipe for Ginger Ninger using @Trialben recipe as a guide, opting to use the all grain approach. Hopefully, I can get to that brew before summer, though that seems far in the future. This morning, we were below freezing, and now mid afternoon, temps are in the low 40’s. Going tomorrow with some friends to spend some days and nights in Bend, where the forecast calls for even colder temps.
Bob356 country I remember :)
Maybe you might see him at one of the pubs...

:p35 something

I just remembered him talking about going to "Bend" alot just thought it a funny name for a town
Just going around the Bend again:rolleyes:.
He lives in or near Reno, Nevada.
Bend, Oregon is a cool town for beer. Among the noteworthy breweries there are:
Deschutes, 10 Barrel, Sunriver, GoodLife, Crux, Boneyard and Monkless.
Certainly there are others that I have failed to mention, as there are many breweries in that town. I’m sure we’ll find plenty of good beer to drink.

Picked up grains for another round of Bunyip, either tomorrow or Friday. I want to do a batch with the last of my Citra, and I'm hoping the BRY97 cake is still happy under pressure at room temperature

Scottish 60 shilling is finished. 25 psi build up in the final 6 points of gravity. I’ll let it sit until weekend at least at room temp then I’ll pop it in my garage to let it condition some before transferring to my mini kegs.

I still need to bottle weevilly wheat 2, but it looks like my keg is almost empty....
So I'm going to drink it empty and put my new beer in it. With sugar for carbonation and I get to use my brand new digital spunding blowtie valve gauge thingy :)
Wheat should be around 3 vol CO2 if Iam not mistaken?

Guess what.....
Double post (again)

Back