What are you doing with homebrew today?

Well pitched BRY97 yesterday morning (36 hours ago). Close to nothing happening. Yeast was fresh.

Well pitched BRY97 yesterday morning (36 hours ago). Close to nothing happening. Yeast was fresh.
What's the temperature.
Be patient it should be kicking off soon.
I understand your uneasiness that's a tad long.
You definitely don't have a leak or something going on or whatever your using as an airlock is all hunky dory?

I've had my spunding post hooked up to my liquid side more than once:confused: :D

What's the temperature.
Be patient it should be kicking off soon.
I understand your uneasiness that's a tad long.
You definitely don't have a leak or something going on or whatever your using as an airlock is all hunky dory?

I've had my spunding post hooked up to my liquid side more than once:confused: :D
64f. Using a fermonster with spunding valve wide open. Some bubbles. No Krausen.

64f. Using a fermonster with spunding valve wide open. Some bubbles. No Krausen.
Yeah I ferment that at 19c with a .5 c swing

66f in your books.
If it don't kick off by this evening I'd warm it up to there.

You don't want that yeast too clean if this is the bunyip.
Bry-97 in my understanding isn't as clean as other chico yeast therefore contributing some fruity esters to that already hop fruit forward beer:)

BRY97 always takes longer for me to start fermenting than other yeasts. SO4 and 34/70 will spoil ya for sure :)
Especially when pitched cold or even cool-ish. I've pitched it at 59-60° many times and then let it gradually warm to the upper 60's. It takes a lot longer to get going that way than if I pitched directly at 66-67°. Can't say that one method makes a better beer than the other because I've never done a side-by-side, but anecdotally I seem to prefer pitching cold.

As far as clean, I find BRY-97 cleaner and slightly less attenuative than US-05, leaving a little more body to the beer. I also find it a bit more forgiving along a wider temperature range. Both are very flocculant and great all-purpose yeasts, I just prefer BRY-97.

"WILL WORK FOR BEER".
Kegged the kaltrauch, tastes wonderful but needs some time just sitting.
D6E4C979-9070-469F-98BB-563CD5E43861.jpeg

Back