What are you doing with homebrew today?

Added my hop pellets to the Old Suffolk Ale. This is proving an interesting beer. SG reading: already at target 1.014 on day 6 from 1.064 OG! Wow busy stuff. Still active so possibly got some more movement to come before the FG. I wouldn't rule out it being fermented on day 8 though. Out of my depth here somewhat but that way I suppose there would/will be a significant element of hop conditioning after bottling? Boadicea hops have a nice aroma, not the most pungent, more of a dryness if that makes any sense of my senses.

Transferring my Retirement Ale
20230316_200136.jpg

What the heck, time to test out this direct fired mash tun project. It’s being pushed with a .068 belgian dubbel with 13lbs of malt. It’s going pretty good so far.
View attachment 24670 View attachment 24669 View attachment 24669
Looks very similar to my ramshackled keg except the sexy little false bottom going on!:)

I agree @Over The Cliff Brewing that is a lovely orange colour

So what are you connecting your recirculating arm too a sparge arm or just a hose redirected back ontop of the wort?

So what are you connecting your recirculating arm too a sparge arm or just a hose redirected back ontop of the wort?[/QUOTE]

LOC LINE

Attachments

• EF83B773-624D-4D89-AC52-8283D513C28D.jpeg
    EF83B773-624D-4D89-AC52-8283D513C28D.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Bottled up my Simple Cider trial run yesterday. Made six full 12 ouncers.
Had to rummage through the pile to find something to siphon with then , let's see how do you get it started? Well I guess it is just like stealing gasoline you just give the hose a good suck.
Fortunately I remembered to do it over the dishwasher door as I made a heck of a mess.
Oh the bottles are full , where is the capper , " ya dummy, that is supposed to br here and ready".
Bottling is a pain in the a.

Had to rummage through the pile to find something to siphon with then , let's see how do you get it started? Well I guess it is just like stealing gasoline you just give the hose a good suck.
Fortunately I remembered to do it over the dishwasher door as I made a heck of a mess.
Oh the bottles are full , where is the capper , " ya dummy, that is supposed to br here and ready".

Ah...
You have just forgotten.....
Next one bottle via spigot in pet bottles. Not the ideal way but real fast.
Plus squeeze them so liquid hits the brim then thighten. Primitive oxygen removal :D

Ah...
You have just forgotten.....
Next one bottle via spigot in pet bottles. Not the ideal way but real fast.
Plus squeeze them so liquid hits the brim then thighten. Primitive oxygen removal :D

I was going to give them a small squirt of Co2 before capping but that bottle was mt
Ah bottling....

And i used the original juse jug as a fermenter, no spiggot.

I went with the bottles instead of pet bottles as I just wanted the smaller size for the trial run.

Hope you like your cider :D

I sense kegs in your future.

Second pic on my Cascade hops.
20230318_094834.jpg

Should get enough for a decent WP addition for my ginger beer today life is good!:)

Got this much off it
20230318_121637.jpg

See that caterpillar top right brown one near the sunnies all sorts of bugs in them hops extra flavour right:D

155g wet hop
20230318_122316.jpg

Turned into this
I find this is the best way for me to add wet or whole cone hops don't clog the pump.
It smells lovely floral grassy tropical pine citrus aroma im gunna do this all WP baby!
20230318_122400.jpg

Last edited:
Second pic on my Cascade hops.View attachment 24682
Should get enough for a decent WP addition for my ginger beer today life is good!:)
Are there more than 24 hours in a day in Australia? I seriously don’t know how you do all that you do. I get exhausted just reading your posts.

Are there more than 24 hours in a day in Australia? I seriously don’t know how you do all that you do. I get exhausted just reading your posts.
:D
Must be everything spinning around in reverse down here:p!

I don't like sitting down much always fiddling with something:)

Well there is an exception if I'm drinking I'm usually sitting and enjoying it!

Back