Welcome to the forums

Welcome.

When I started brewing, I didn't keep many (or any) records either. This is a hobby that you can dive into as deep as you want to, or not much at all. You can still produce good beer.

Good morning all. Rain, thunder and lightning today. Perfect day for a brewing! Does anyone know of a good online source for grains and malts. My local store has quite a selection but sometimes I don't feel like driving uptown. I would like to keep a supply on hand for a rainy day. :cool:

I have 5 brews under my belt, as in consumed! Getting better as we go. I just did my first BIAB, but I'm confused on the stats given by the recipe builder. I had 7.5 gallon boil, yielding 5.5 gallons, the builder shows OG at 1.022, my check gave 1.032, am I missing something? The FG came out as expected at 1.007

Those numbers don't make any sense. What recipe are you using that gives an OG of 1.022? Even a pre-boil gravity of 1.022 is pretty weak beer (not that there's anything wrong with brewing 3% ABV :) )

Well I'm from the UK when I was growing up the English bitter was one of the best tasting beers I have ever had and it was only 3%. My goal is to reproduce the beer of my youth, plus drink less alcohol since I consume a LOT of beer :D

Brewer #59387 said:
Well I'm from the UK when I was growing up the English bitter was one of the best tasting beers I have ever had and it was only 3%. My goal is to reproduce the beer of my youth, plus drink less alcohol since I consume a LOT of beer :D

I'm a fan of a good Bitter, myself. :) And several of my friends and family have really liked a little extract Bitter that I came up with. Definitely nothing wrong with "small" beer. ;)

If you mash 4.5 lbs of something like Maris Otter at average efficiency you'll get 1.022 and less than 2.5% ABV.
My guess is that you probably used closer to 6 lbs of grain to get the 1.032 and your efficiency percentage setting in the calculator is set lower than you actually got.

New to brewing and the site. I hope to learn alot and make some great beer.

Welcome! I'm sure you'll achieve both of those goals by talking to some people here

I've been brewing for 24 years and I have a 30 gallon electric / NG brewery.

I'm glad to see a new program that can be used across all devices (except mine) of course. I'm a Windows user and programmer and I'm disappointed but not surprised there is no app for this program for either W10 or W10 mobile. I have a laptop, Surface tablet and Windows phone. Unfortunately this program will only work on my laptop so it is not going to work for me.

I wish somebody would put more brewing apps is the Windows store.

IMG_2015_zps19b2e8dc.jpg

Monster Mash said:
I've been brewing for 24 years and I have a 30 gallon electric / NG brewery.

I'm glad to see a new program that can be used across all devices (except mine) of course. I'm a Windows user and programmer and I'm disappointed but not surprised there is no app for this program for either W10 or W10 mobile. I have a laptop, Surface tablet and Windows phone. Unfortunately this program will only work on my laptop so it is not going to work for me.

I wish somebody would put more brewing apps is the Windows store.

IMG_2015_zps19b2e8dc.jpg
Sorry I can't help with the apps, but I just wanted to say your setup looks pretty cool! :cool:

Hi, Welcome to the site and great rig. I have a big set up too and im a windows tablet user my self, I asked for this a while back but he has so many things ahead of us that he's fixing and adding so be patient it will come eventually. In the mean time what I do is print everything out and attach to a clip board and brew from that

Attachments

• WP_20160607_001.jpg
    WP_20160607_001.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 694
Hi guys, i have been kit brewing for a couple of years now, i tried an all grain guiness clone for the first time about a month ago, which i thought was amazing, i have only got a 33ltr Electrim boilel at the moment which i use with the mash/sparge bag.
Are there any guiness clones out there that i can make with my 33ltr boiler that can make the 5 gallons?

ps
Great site guys

I was in search of a forum like this. As I am a beginner, so I am expecting a lot more from you guys.

Welcome! There are plenty of very helpful folks here. It's a good place to get help and inspiration to better your brewing. :)

Hi all ! not exactly new to brewing but new to this forum .
Made the step up to All- Grain recently , just 18-19 Litre batches since i'm doing stove-top BIAB

Welcome! Sounds like I've got a similar setup as you

jmcnamara said:
Welcome! Sounds like I've got a similar setup as you

have an empty 50 L keg that i'm looking to turn into a electric keggle , rather time poor so being able to cube a brew AND a get some into FV will increase my output and keep me from ( heavens forfend !) Buying beer
Based in South Australia ....yes I'm an Aussie ! I only use metric , i don't ride a kangaroo to the shops/Pub unless i can't get a taxi or too drunk to walk there .

Brewing some very tasty ales in the west coast APA style ,Hop forward Aromatic brews :D

Good morning beer buds,
North Texas in the house. Stumbled across this site yesterday while searching for a beer log format. So far this site seems like an awesome tool to record, collect and share data. I am brand new to brewing. I first used a Mr Beer kit a couple months ago, liked it. I have now moved on to extract brewing. First batch is a may bock, second batch is a american brown ale. Frankly, I jumped in without doing much record keeping, just kinda winging it. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks to everyone who shares information on the site.

Gene
Hi - wanted to say "hi" since I am a Texas brewer too. Cheers!

Back