Television Series

The longest running show, to my knowledge, is Hockey Night in Canada. It first aired on radio in 1931, with Foster Hewitt doing NHL play by play. In 1952 HNIC began broadcasting on TV. Out of fear that fans would not go to the games, the TV broadcast would join the game in progress halfway through the 2nd period. At least for me, there is no greater drama than NHL playoff hockey. I am strapped in now for the next two months. There is wall to wall hockey almost every night for the next 5-6 weeks, and then roughly every other night for 1-2 weeks after that.
Can I get a "Go Leafs Go"????

The finale for Picard was perfect and without trying to give spoilers it also set up a pretty awesome looking spinoff series. I also loved the homage to All Good Things (the TNG series finale) at the very end
i really liked the Picard series too. This last season was so good.

My wife talked me into watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, it's actually very good. It is set in the late 50's. There is a lot of present day vernacular in it, but it is very funny.
Into season 3, and I'm still liking it. In some ways it is corny, fine, in a lot of ways, but I like it:rolleyes:.
Suzie...

The longest running show, to my knowledge, is Hockey Night in Canada. It first aired on radio in 1931, with Foster Hewitt doing NHL play by play. In 1952 HNIC began broadcasting on TV. Out of fear that fans would not go to the games, the TV broadcast would join the game in progress halfway through the 2nd period. At least for me, there is no greater drama than NHL playoff hockey. I am strapped in now for the next two months. There is wall to wall hockey almost every night for the next 5-6 weeks, and then roughly every other night for 1-2 weeks after that.
Can I get a "Go Leafs Go"????
Lucky enough that I grew up in one of the very few places in the US where you could actually watch HNIC on TV (of course now I think NHL network rebroadcasts it). Used to prefer watching the Canadian feed late in the playoffs instead of the American broadcasts. Overall the CBC and now Sportsnet crews tend to have more talent than the ESPN and TNT crews and certainly much more than NBC ever did

I'm a HNIC for life guy, though the dude who does the Punjabi stream is awesome to listen to but I can't understand the non english version. So I can only do it in small doses.

I'm a HNIC for life guy, though the dude who does the Punjabi stream is awesome to listen to but I can't understand the non english version. So I can only do it in small doses.
Yeah I heard some of him he's good. All I understood though was "Nick Bonino"

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet but Rabbit Hole with Kiefer Sutherland on Paramount+ is really good .

Finally started watching The Mandalorian. It's pretty good but, one thing I realized is that Jawas sound an awful lot like Minions! Or chronologically ordered, Minions sound a lot like Jawas. :)

Mandalorian is pretty good, Boba Fett is ok... when Mando shows up.

I’m hoping to watch the new Frazier soon. We got Sophie hooked on Amazing race right now. Unfortunately little time for the adults in the house to watch much.

Back