Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

Except like I said, I don’t think you can hang it without casing. I wonder how many people let the snack sticks bloom?

Except like I said, I don’t think you can hang it without casing. I wonder how many people let the snack sticks bloom?

True, but I don't hang them anyway. As for blooming, I think it's a color and texture thing. Not sure about this, but my wife makes a great andouille. She never noticed the blooming step in the recipe she uses until her most recent batch. Neither of us could distinguish a difference in flavor and the color and texture weren't much different than earlier batches. If ya want pretty ya gotta pay the price :)

Pay no mind if I'm a little grumpy. I'm serving on a jury. Not my favorite pastime.

I'd rather have a root canal.
My poor wife got called in for Jury Duty last Wednesday.... sat around for 6 hours and the whole lot of potential jurors were dismissed.

Ok, so you were just summoned for jury duty for a malpractice case against a dentist for a bad root canal. Discuss.

Ok, so you were just summoned for jury duty for a malpractice case against a dentist for a bad root canal. Discuss.
Was it my root canal? In which case, I wouldn't be in the running for the jury. Were it someone else's root canal? I'm more than willing to give the guilty bastard a fair trial. Again, not in the running for the jury! Either way, some other victim of the jury lottery gets to sit there and listen to the lawyers argue over the definition of "is".

I'd rather have a root canal.

Yea, at least it was short for a criminal case. 2 days and we capped it off with a guilty verdict after only a couple of hours of deliberation.

Back to the snack sticks - I vacuum sealed them in packages of 5 tonight. Now I just need to find a few brew outs and sell them!

Grilled Rosemary Chicken with some yummy white sauce my wife makes, topped with mushrooms. Should have grilled the mushrooms though.... oh well, next time

Attachments

• EF0F1FC0-03F5-47F1-9AC8-1E6EC2877A5D.jpeg
    EF0F1FC0-03F5-47F1-9AC8-1E6EC2877A5D.jpeg
    383 KB · Views: 191
A pot of kidney and pinto beans with the bone from the ham I smoked last weekend along with a bunch of Jalapeños on our menu tonight. Some Brussel Sprouts on the side. Busy day today, kegged a Golden ale, put together 6 gallons of Blackberry Cider, cleaned kegs and lines. and drank a bunch of beer. Will be readying the garden this weekend, so you're rid of me for a couple of days. Have a wonderful weekend and God bless!

A pot of kidney and pinto beans with the bone from the ham I smoked last weekend along with a bunch of Jalapeños on our menu tonight. Some Brussel Sprouts on the side. Busy day today, kegged a Golden ale, put together 6 gallons of Blackberry Cider, cleaned kegs and lines. and drank a bunch of beer. Will be readying the garden this weekend, so you're rid of me for a couple of days. Have a wonderful weekend and God bless!

It's cold, windy, rainy, and supposed to snow tonight. A big pot of beans sounds delicious.

Bob, how do you cook your snack sticks? Do you dehydrate them, or do you smoke them? Like I said before, I’d like to try the jerky gun. I think I could lay it out much better on the dehydrator trays than the smoker shelves.

Bob, how do you cook your snack sticks? Do you dehydrate them, or do you smoke them? Like I said before, I’d like to try the jerky gun. I think I could lay it out much better on the dehydrator trays than the smoker shelves.

Most of the time I dehydrate them. If doing them in the Summer I dehydrate them in the Big Chief Smoker. May use one pan of wood chips. I have fine grids that lay on the smoker grates.

I had this for dinner last night. It’s my garlic pepper homebrew sausage. It’s a winner!

Attachments

• 4CCB9DA2-4369-453F-8B5B-08B12369ED2B.jpeg
    4CCB9DA2-4369-453F-8B5B-08B12369ED2B.jpeg
    486.1 KB · Views: 177

Back