Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

Moinks (bacon wrapped meatballs) tossed in rub.
And a lazy man's fatty. Jimmy Dean sausage rolled in rub. Most times fatties are stuffed and wrapped in bacon, but they're delicious just like this.

Heart stoppin’ good stuff. I’ve got a tiny rack of babybacks on the charcoal smoker grill right now
image.jpg

Seeing the beautiful cooked Rib offering in this thread in thought I'd have a crack at trying it for myself.

20200601_053244.jpg

I seasoned them with Cajun salt mustard powder and smoked paprika then rubbed that in with olive oil put some of that baby rays honey barbecue sauce on wrapped in alfoil and chucked it on the Webber Q grill low and slow.
Then removed them toward the end and put some more sauce on and grilled them 5 each side to finish.

Very nice! On a bed of veggies is a thing of beauty.
Am quite surprised you have sweet baby rays in auz. Rub then sauce is how i go.

Those look mighty tasty Ben.
I was trying to find your spice rub saw you had mustard powder in that so I threw some on.

The missus ate it and she avoids pork (except bacon) like covid 19 so I was happy with that.:p

Very nice! On a bed of veggies is a thing of beauty.
Am quite surprised you have sweet baby rays in auz. Rub then sauce is how i go.
Ah cheers yes I spied it when shopping with the missus yesterday right up the top. They had a whole line up. I read the speal on the back and apparently these guys one out of 700 different sauce entries. I chose the honey barbecue because of the pork i always think sweetness when it comes to pork...
I wrapped in alfoil to try and keep in the moisture.
Am I on The right track with that I've never done no rib cooking before but what I saw earlier in this thread got me salivating enough to try some:rolleyes:!

Oh that's brown rice and veg mmm mmmm pork and that would be my final meal I reckon....

I was trying to find your spice rub saw you had mustard powder in that so I threw some on.

The missus ate it and she avoids pork (except bacon) like covid 19 so I was happy with that.:p

Here's a great sweet rub I'm using on most of my ribs now. I lightly salt the ribs and put them in the fridge for a couple hours before applying the rub,
Memphis Dust
¾ cup dark brown sugar, ¾ cup granulated sugar, ½ cup paprika, ¼ cup granulated garlic, 2 TBSP ground black pepper, 2 TBSP ground ginger, 2 TBSP granulated onion, 2 tsp crushed dried rosemary
Mix well in bowl. Makes 3 cups.
For some good ideas on BBQing, here's a good site:
https://amazingribs.com/

Here's a great sweet rub I'm using on most of my ribs now. I lightly salt the ribs and put them in the fridge for a couple hours before applying the rub,
Memphis Dust
¾ cup dark brown sugar, ¾ cup granulated sugar, ½ cup paprika, ¼ cup granulated garlic, 2 TBSP ground black pepper, 2 TBSP ground ginger, 2 TBSP granulated onion, 2 tsp crushed dried rosemary
Mix well in bowl. Makes 3 cups.
For some good ideas on BBQing, here's a good site:
https://amazingribs.com/
Great I will be sure to try some of the Memphis dust on my next one.

I use just enough rub to lightly season, then when they reach about 160 to 180f sauce them up good and place on rack in old baking pan covered with foil til they reach 200f to 210f. Pull out of grill or q and let rest covered for at least 30 minutes. Lots of ways to cook ribs and most ways are great. My sis in law just sweet baby ray's em in her kitchen oven and they are very quafable.

I use just enough rub to lightly season, then when they reach about 160 to 180f sauce them up good and place on rack in old baking pan covered with foil til they reach 200f to 210f. Pull out of grill or q and let rest covered for at least 30 minutes. Lots of ways to cook ribs and most ways are great. My sis in law just sweet baby ray's em in her kitchen oven and they are very quafable.

When it comes to meat, I put ribs right behind bacon as my favorite. They're not easy to screw up either, as long as you don't boil them or cook until they become jerky.

Back