Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

Peppers from the garden roasted and smoked ready for the food processor. Then I jar and just dip out a spoon full as seasoning.
upload_2019-9-27_16-58-37.jpeg

Nice haul Dan.
We usually fire roast a bunch of peppers in early Fall. I just dehydrate and store them whole in plastic jars and rehydrate, crush or grind as needed. Didn't plant much of a garden this year so last years will come in handy until the 2020 harvest.

I got a 5 gallon bucket full. 4 hot plants and 2 sweet. I use to make salsa, then seeded and smoked, this time I just cut the ends off before smoking. Lots of seeds, so this grind is going to be hot.

I always have some mystery blend hotter than the law allows powder too. It does come in handy for kicking up the heat of salsas, rubs, Bloody Marys, etc.
It's also good for a few laughs when you do a "here, smell this" after shaking it up.

Peppers from the garden roasted and smoked ready for the food processor. Then I jar and just dip out a spoon full as seasoning.
View attachment 7376

Miriam went out and picked what was left yesterday. Expecting frost, so didn't want to lose any of this years meager harvest. About 3 lbs. mixed Jalapeños, Poblanos, bells and Italian sweet peppers.
Peppers.jpg
Making salsa today, so picking both ripe and green tomatoes. Fresh salsa with the reds and canning some salsa verde with the greens.

They do look tasty. Just my preference, but I like St. Louis trim. The extra fat just brings them up to another level. Nothing wrong with back ribs if cooked right, and those look like a good example.

Aren't you supposed to be out in the woods Dan? Get out there and kill something! Just make sure it has 4 legs :)

Mmmm mmm And it breakky here that's an any time of day meal!

I don't sauce much but tempting after seeing these racks.

I usually sauce lightly. When we have company I'll serve the ribs dry and have warm sauce on the table.

Back