Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

Sounds good. Figured I'd get outside and grill while the weather is mild. Gonna heat up Tuesday again.

Finished product. Love them links.
Supper.jpg

Smash Burger night last night.

These are the juiciest burgers. I could eat these every day.

View attachment 6885
Yeah, and they seem to have dropped their best stuff from the menu! Here they used to have a Colorado Burger with chiles and chipotle mayonnaise.... Yum! Can't get it any more.

Smash Burger night last night.

These are the juiciest burgers. I could eat these every day.

View attachment 6885
Looks damn fine. We do our own 'smash' burgers from time to time on the griddle also. We hardly ever grill our burgers anymore. They're just so much better and juicier on the outdoor griddle. That sear is tough to beat.

Took my first stab at them a couple weeks ago. Used the griddle from our kitchen range on the propane grill. When I put them on and smashed them I realized that the wimpy plastic spatula I had wasn't going to do the job and it was too late to try and find the good one. Oh well, they were decent burgers anyways :)
Next time I'll be armed with the proper weapon:
Spatula.jpg

Yeah, and they seem to have dropped their best stuff from the menu! Here they used to have a Colorado Burger with chiles and chipotle mayonnaise.... Yum! Can't get it any more.
Actually, those were made on the my Weber Kettle with a cast iron griddle.

Rib time again. Trimmed a couple slabs St' Louis style and rubbed them with Memphis Dust:
Prepped.jpg

Decided to try using pellets instead of wood chips in the Big Chief: Used 3/4 as much Apple pellets as I would have chips and got a longer smoke and more flavor. Thinking 1/2 as much would have been comparable.
Smokin'.jpg

After 2 hours on the big Chief, wrapped with some honey, butter and minced Jalapenos and transferred to the pellet grill at 225F for a couple more hours. Unwrapped and applied a light coating of my sweet & spicy sauce and finished for another 15 minutes.
Done.jpg

Plated them up and downed them puppies with some Macaroni Salad.

Plated.jpg

Pretty sure I already posted the Macaroni Salad recipe. If I didn't include the warning, here it is: If you don't love garlic or have a vampire for a neighbor, leave out the granulated garlic.

Wow Look in good you sure do eat like a king and Fart like a Trojan :p joking...

Guess I didn't post my Macaroni Salad recipe. This is some great stuff but like I said, If you don't love garlic or have a vampire for a neighbor, Leave out the granulated garlic. The minced will be plenty for most people.
Macaroni Salad
8 ounces elbow macaroni 1 cup Mayonnaise 1 Tbsp. vinegar 1 Tbsp. Yellow Mustard 1 tsp. sugar 1 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper 1 cup chopped celery 1/4 cup chopped onion 4 cloves garlic, minced 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish 1-15 oz. can olives, sliced thick Dill weed and paprika for garnish
Cook macaroni as per package instructions. Mix remaining ingredients and fold in macaroni. Garnish with paprika and dill weed. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

Not smoking/grilling related per se.... but for our anniversary, my wife and I always pick up a Raspberry Pie to celebrate with. In fact, instead of a wedding cake, we had several of these and Raspberry Cheesecakes from a local berry farm that makes them. They are delicious. I have to admit, when I look at the raspberries, I imagine them in a brew session.

D30E444E-3E71-4D17-A660-E2C5D845B5D7.jpeg

AC14FFE5-766A-47F5-88CB-B65DFD1BB474.jpeg

I'm not a fan of fruit beers, but that pie wouldn't last 15 minutes around here. Man, that makes me want to lick the screen :)

Oh yeah that is mmm mmm too good to be true enjoy is all i can say.

Did a 10 lb. pork picnic Saturday. Skinned, dry brined with Kosher Salt overnight in the fridge then applied some yellow mustard as a binder followed by a generous dose of Memphis Dust rub. (recipe below) Smoked at 225 with Apple pellets to an internal temperature of 165F. Mixed up a packet of Stubbs Chili, Lime and Ginger marinade. Put the pork on a rack in a pan, poured the marinade over it and covered tightly with heavy foil. Cooked to 200F, let rest for 1 1/2 hours and shredded. First time trying the marinade and it was the best pulled pork I ever cooked. Tasty, moist and almost as tender as cotton candy. Will be doing this one again.
Was pretty busy drinking with my best friend, so only got a before pic.
Picnic.jpg

Attachments

• Memphis Dust.pdf
    365.4 KB · Views: 161

Back