Sierra Nevada - Butte County Proud IPA

lonelymtn

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada has worked up a new IPA in support of the folks devastated by the Camp Fire in California. They are actively encouraging other breweries (and brewers) to make batches and are attempting to get ingredient donations to cover the costs.

I think this is great what SN is doing here -- a lot of people are really hurting and even a small gesture can go a long way towards recovering from a tragedy like this.

They have provided a recipe via a spreadsheet, but it only goes as small as a 1BBL batch. So, I scaled it down, using their amounts as a guideline rather than input the 1BBL batch and use the scale feature (maybe that would be more accurate?)

Links:
My adapted recipe can be found here:
I won't have a chance in the near term to brew this recipe, so let us all know if you do and how it turned out

Several local breweries & brewpubs are brewing here, and a LHBS is offering kits. I'll be brewing an all grain batch this friday.

This is the grain bill, etc from the kit. It'd be interesting to see how this brew tastes compared to the recipe:

9.6lb Pale 2 Row
1.2lb Caramel C-60

1oz Centennial 80 min
1oz Centennial 35 min
1oz Cascade 35 min
1oz Cascade Hop Back/Knockout
1oz Centennial Hop Back/Knockout
2oz Cascade Dry Hop Day 4
1 oz Centennial Dry Hop Day 4

WLP001 or Wyeast 1056 or GigaYeast GY001 NorCal

Last edited:
There's a 5 gallon recipe on the home page of the AHA.

I heard about some of Sierra Nevada's efforts this morning. They're doing a number of things to help the folks in the area. Made me want to go buy some Torpedo.
Thanks for posting the relief fund info. Donation made.

Thanks everyone. I was actually just going to post this when I saw someone beat me to it. SNBC is actually doing a lot more than this. They fed a lot of people earlier in the week with a bbq and tomorrow they are feeding people again with turkey dinners both at the brewery and by delivering food to other sites. Rumor has it they will be cooking 1000 lb of potatoes in a mash tun but I can't prove that ;).

Ken Grossman is very connected to our Chico community and has probably done more than is being published.

https://www.chicoer.com/2018/11/21/thanksgiving-meals-available-to-camp-fire-victims/

they will also be brewing a special edition IPA called resilience

https://www.sierranevada.com/resilience-butte-county-proud-ipa

He is also spearheading getting all the breweries listed in that link to brew the same beer donating 100% of the profit to our community.

Ken probably knows all of these brewers personally so he is the right one to get them all on board.
He will be successful.

As a side note Aaron Rogers is from Chico and he is chipping in as well.

Community is important!

16,000 homes have burned. that doesn't count businesses. We are deeply wounded but will recover

Last edited:
^^^ That's some of the stuff that I was hearing about on NPR this morning. Very touching and inspiring. My heart goes out to the folks who've suffered through and will be dealing with it for a long time to come.

I think it would be cool for the forum community to dedicate a brew day to brewing up the resilience. Also get any local breweries you know to jump on Ken's bandwagon and get their names in the list . . .

Last edited:

Back