Show your DIY Projects

Wouldn't really call it a "project", but a quick stop at the hardware store for a bolt + nut for this modification just saved me 1/2hr and a sore arm from grinding malt. :D
20230824_155051.jpg

Wouldn't really call it a "project", but a quick stop at the hardware store for a bolt + nut for this modification just saved me 1/2hr and a sore arm from grinding malt. :D
View attachment 26391

This is one of the first things I did with my Corona mill, It's been going strong like that for about 5 years now.

I did frame a 5 gallon pail in around it though so it's mobile.

This is one of the first things I did with my Corona mill, It's been going strong like that for about 5 years now.

I did frame a 5 gallon pail in around it though so it's mobile.
...and maybe doesn't make as much of a mess!? I soon noticed that the increased speed also meant increased bits of malt and dust flying around. I tied a bag around the output as a short-term stop-gap, but a 5-gal bucket sounds like a good long-term solution to added pollution (excuse the rhyme :p). :)

Might be starting on a new brew shed if our current real estate effort falls through. Pretty much decided we’re staying where we are if we can’t get the place we’re looking at. I have an insulated 12x20 shed that we’re going to rebuild from the floor up, and match the house and tractor shed siding and trim. I figure a little window unit will keep it cool enough in summer and a baseboard heater will keep it from freezing in winter. Gonna recycle the siding and roof on a garden shed/greenhouse in the process and then start on the kitchen after it cools off enough to work with windows open. We can be debt free at any time we want wit 2 checks, so staying put isn’t such a bad idea. Just waiting for the final word from the seller on our final counter offer after the inspections.

Might be starting on a new brew shed if our current real estate effort falls through. Pretty much decided we’re staying where we are if we can’t get the place we’re looking at. I have an insulated 12x20 shed that we’re going to rebuild from the floor up, and match the house and tractor shed siding and trim. I figure a little window unit will keep it cool enough in summer and a baseboard heater will keep it from freezing in winter. Gonna recycle the siding and roof on a garden shed/greenhouse in the process and then start on the kitchen after it cools off enough to work with windows open. We can be debt free at any time we want wit 2 checks, so staying put isn’t such a bad idea. Just waiting for the final word from the seller on our final counter offer after the inspections.
Very cool man I'm looking forward to see this project evolve...

Very cool man I'm looking forward to see this project evolve...
Got the word today. he still wants me to fill his ATM back up after he wasted a 3rd mortgage on it last year. The Seller took out an additional $120K on the mortgage last year when real estate prices went stupid, but didn't spend a dime of it on the house. So we're signing mutual release on the contract tonight.

So, onward and upward. I'm actually considering adding onto my big tractor shed for the brew house, and just get rid of the little shed altogether.

Got the word today. he still wants me to fill his ATM back up after he wasted a 3rd mortgage on it last year. The Seller took out an additional $120K on the mortgage last year when real estate prices went stupid, but didn't spend a dime of it on the house. So we're signing mutual release on the contract tonight.

So, onward and upward. I'm actually considering adding onto my big tractor shed for the brew house, and just get rid of the little shed altogether.
You win some and loose some in this world and some times you both win ;)

It sounds to me like a Win Win situation.

Onwards and upwards indeed!

So We've got a Green light on the Brew Shed Build hooray!

Well, it was a nice property, but with a county road bisecting the yard, and a dirt road to boot. And that pool.

Things happen for a reason. I'm sorry it didn't work out, but maybe for the best.

Dont get stuck for the real estate commission because you broke the contract... hmmm I remember back....

Dont get stuck for the real estate commission because you broke the contract... hmmm I remember back....

Nope. There was a mutual release agreement in the contract, and most contracts here include verbiage that have the seller and buyer each paying their own commissions to their agent. The agents like it that way because they don't have to split the little ones. The only thing I won't get back is the inspection fees, but that was money well spent. Saved me from playing Tom Hanks' role in "The Money Pit". About the only way I'd lose the earnest money and wind up paying anything else would be to back out too late after they've had it off market for an extended period while we were negotiating. That I can tell, they never removed it from the market (certainly not on any of the listings). It should have changed status to "Under Contract", but never did. So perhaps we never really had a contract to begin with, or the seller agent just didn't do all due diligence. I should be getting the earnest money back within a couple days. Now if I can just get a former life insurance company to get off their butts and send me what they owe me .......

Nope. There was a mutual release agreement in the contract, and most contracts here include verbiage that have the seller and buyer each paying their own commissions to their agent. The agents like it that way because they don't have to split the little ones. The only thing I won't get back is the inspection fees, but that was money well spent. Saved me from playing Tom Hanks' role in "The Money Pit". About the only way I'd lose the earnest money and wind up paying anything else would be to back out too late after they've had it off market for an extended period while we were negotiating. That I can tell, they never removed it from the market (certainly not on any of the listings). It should have changed status to "Under Contract", but never did. So perhaps we never really had a contract to begin with, or the seller agent just didn't do all due diligence. I should be getting the earnest money back within a couple days. Now if I can just get a former life insurance company to get off their butts and send me what they owe me .......
Sounds like the real estate agent wins big time either way !

Back