Show your DIY Projects

That is where I aerate my beer the most.
I have the wort splashing across the top of the exposed portion of the imersion cooler as it cools.
I had thought aeration before yeast addition was a good thing.

How I aeriate the wort
20230307_141845.jpg

Well, as I suspected and expected, this batch of stout is gonna take a while to get fizzy. I reckon sitting at 5C for nearly 5 weeks probably precipitated a LOT of the yeast out of it. Tried one today and it's still somewhat flat. Tasty, but flat. It must be fairly high ABV. Very boozy going down, giving that warm feeling in the belly. I'm diggin the Maris Otter in this batch.

I just finished painting the last inside walls.
Tomorrow I should have my dish washing area back (if I don't make a major mess of the plumbing)
And then, brewer's corner is back for brewing.
No more sharing with dirty pots & pans :D

Been wrestling with these this weekend, a couple of benches for outside the bar. I like this industrial stuff, it's pretty rough round the edges so quite forgiving if your work happens to be a bit rough :)

The tables will be made from pins that have come to the end or their useful lives, I hung onto them because I knew there would be a use for them somewhere.

All needs a bit of finishing - feet fixing and finishing the staining - but almost there.

Bench1.JPG

Attachments

• Bench2.JPG
    Bench2.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 20230402_194645.jpg
    20230402_194645.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 41
  • Bench5.JPG
    Bench5.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 43
Been wrestling with these this weekend, a couple of benches for outside the bar. I like this industrial stuff, it's pretty rough round the edges so quite forgiving if your work happens to be a bit rough :)

The tables will be made from pins that have come to the end or their useful lives, I hung onto them because I knew there would be a use for them somewhere.

All needs a bit of finishing - feet fixing and finishing the staining - but almost there.

View attachment 24904
Looks good but you better get some angles underneath those benches

Sorry, i thought bi was posting to random photos.
If someone can move it, fine, if not I'll just delete it

Not sure if the right forum , but here goes - Have an insulated box, and a mini freezer, and looking to build a copper box that closely fits the walls of the freezer as a glycol / water reservoir to chill the box. Want to put thermal conductive grease between the copper and the plastic walls, thoughts on how to build a custom copper box, and best thermal grease? Otherwise I think I’ve figured out the rest. I know all the arguments against using a mini freezer / and air, but the super-insulated box as a chill target is not the same as a standalone fermenter with a jacket. Basically creating a super-efficient keezer.

Not sure if the right forum , but here goes - Have an insulated box, and a mini freezer, and looking to build a copper box that closely fits the walls of the freezer as a glycol / water reservoir to chill the box. Want to put thermal conductive grease between the copper and the plastic walls, thoughts on how to build a custom copper box, and best thermal grease? Otherwise I think I’ve figured out the rest. I know all the arguments against using a mini freezer / and air, but the super-insulated box as a chill target is not the same as a standalone fermenter with a jacket. Basically creating a super-efficient keezer.
The grease will add nothing, except make a mess.

Assuming the inside is more or less a bunch of rectangles, cut your copper into appropriately-sized rectangles and fit them in. You can fasten them together with aluminum tape.

Having gone the freezer glycol route myself it works but is less efficient as having the cooling coils directly in the glycol solution :).

It just takes a the freezer a little longer to cool the liquid down.

Been making inroads on my Solar dehydrator project
20230412_161002.jpg

Got this pool pannel a few weeks ago.
Will hinge this up off the edge using its hinges might turn that magnet latch around and try and use this or use it as a stopper to prop the glass up when I've got it open.

The glass weighs a bit...
20230412_161010.jpg

It's a bit bigger box than I was anticipating might have to devide it off in two and put a screen rack either side.

Oh I've got to cut some ventilation holes to allow some air flow I'm thinking with hot air rising I'll make some holes in the bottom.

Will pop some castors under Neath so I can roll it out into the sun but this should also hopefully prop it up too a nice coffee table hight / kids play table.

Gunna oil it all up with exterior furniture oil.

More comming...

Last edited:
Been making inroads on my Solar dehydrator project View attachment 25020
Got this pool pannel a few weeks ago.
Will hinge this up off the edge using its hinges might turn that magnet latch around and try and use this or use it as a stopper to prop the glass up when I've got it open.

The glass weighs a bit...View attachment 25021
It's a bit bigger box than I was anticipating might have to devide it off in two and put a screen rack either side.

Oh I've got to cut some ventilation holes to allow some air flow I'm thinking with hot air rising I'll make some holes in the bottom.

Will pop some castors under Neath so I can roll it out into the sun but this should also hopefully prop it up too a nice coffee table hight / kids play table.

Gunna oil it all up with exterior furniture oil.

More comming...
No seats? :rolleyes:

Back