Show Us Your Opener

Definately a standout!

53D5ADA6-8426-4D06-909B-D23CA9568280.jpeg

There’s just no successful way to follow the army guy!

Nothing fancy. This one sits on my keezer/beer box.

SN Opener.jpg

This one mounted under the kitchen counter.

KC Opener.jpg

And the old standby stuck to the side of the fridge.

S Opener.jpg

and speaking of not knowing where it came from...Neither wifey or I have been to Napa.....Anyone ever use a thieving butler??

20191023_185937.jpeg

Those have been around for 30 years. We used to call them wiggle openers. They do a nice job of recorking too.

Those have been around for 30 years. We used to call them wiggle openers. They do a nice job of recorking too.

An old roommate turned me on to one of these about 30 years ago....I thought the name was pretty funny...who the heck has a butler that is worried about the integrity of the cork?

An old roommate turned me on to one of these about 30 years ago....I thought the name was pretty funny...who the heck has a butler that is worried about the integrity of the cork?[/QUOTE=

Californians?

and speaking of not knowing where it came from...Neither wifey or I have been to Napa.....Anyone ever use a thieving butler??

View attachment 7658
Only for wine bottles where the cork is falling apart and I was working as a waiter. If it's for me I just push the cork in and pour it through a tea strainer. Cork for wine bottles has virtually dissapeared down here and good riddance to it.

Have one in the drawer with Italian Swiss Colony brand name on it we picked up on a trip years ago. Forgot it opened bottles too!

Now that's gotta be an oldie. I haven't seen or heard any of their commercials for probably 40 or 50 years, so assuming they've been gone that long.

Now that's gotta be an oldie. I haven't seen or heard any of their commercials for probably 40 or 50 years, so assuming they've been gone that long.
Our youngest was just a few months old and he is 35 now. I think they closed shop 2 or 3 years after we visited them.

Our youngest was just a few months old and he is 35 now. I think they closed shop 2 or 3 years after we visited them.

LOL...bottle openers...a window to our past! Hell, I never would have known about Arrow Beer had it not been for that little church key! And why are they know as church keys anyway? Some leftover Prohibition slogan or a slur on Father O'Flannigan getting in his cups?

LOL...bottle openers...a window to our past! Hell, I never would have known about Arrow Beer had it not been for that little church key! And why are they know as church keys anyway? Some leftover Prohibition slogan or a slur on Father O'Flannigan getting in his cups?

The term in the beverage-opening sense is apparently not an old one; Merriam-Webster finds written attestation only since the 1950s. Several themes exist, the most popular being, when you cut yourself, opening a can or bottle, you take the Lords name in vain.

Back