Show Us Your Gear!

How hard was it to remove the chimb from the keg? How did you do that? I'm thinking angle grinder with a cut wheel, starting from the inside of the rim. I would worry about cutting through the main vessel if I started from the outside.
Yeah angle up into it from the outside cut as close to the keg as you can then use grinding wheel to finnish it off. I recon with the lid on it would make a great little monion from despicable Me paint the top bright yellow with blue bottom and I got a minion brew kettle:p!​

How hard was it to remove the chimb from the keg? How did you do that? I'm thinking angle grinder with a cut wheel, starting from the inside of the rim. I would worry about cutting through the main vessel if I started from the outside.

check out YouTube for that...I think the guy may have got a shower in the process but he goes on to explain how to cut into the keg with a right angle grinding wheel.

And by the way, sweet set up!

Jesus Christ!

We have since then mounted the pumps below. Have around 7 brews since our first in December.
51075875_1885518511559075_8994238508025511936_o.jpg

49855621_10156686915529003_8974461734110625792_n.jpg

Man, looks like you spend more time on polishing than I do brewing. Beautiful setup!

I ran out of propane for my last brew just as hot break hit so I decided it was time to try my dual heat stick plan. Worked surprisingly well, so I think I need to get myself a false bottom and another inkbird and I can make myself a homebrew grainfather.
upload_2020-4-11_9-59-13.png

My wort splitter works really well too.

upload_2020-4-11_9-59-39.png

I ran out of propane for my last brew just as hot break hit so I decided it was time to try my dual heat stick plan. Worked surprisingly well, so I think I need to get myself a false bottom and another inkbird and I can make myself a homebrew grainfather.
View attachment 9503

View attachment 9504
I like the wort splitter!
That's a quick easy, that is my next improvement!

View attachment 9503

View attachment 9504
I like that splitter idea.

It works a treat, I have to move it around a bit to make sure I get even flow but it moves quite easily too.

It works a treat, I have to move it around a bit to make sure I get even flow but it moves quite easily too.

Keep it even and level then just let gravity do its thing! I know I wanna see that HBGF!

Back