Show Us Your Gear!

I've stopped using that largely because I've stopped brewing 10G batches but it worked pretty good while I was using it.

20210206_111759.jpg

February brewing in New England means snow in the recirculating immersion chiller. Still rooting for Brady!

February brewing in New England means snow in the recirculating immersion chiller. Still rooting for Brady!

Now that's using your resources! What's in the kettle?

After doing two brews the other day (Friday) I had my second Tilt delivered today so I am able to fill up my Fermentation Fridge. Until, that is, the Hellish Camden kicks off fermenting - it was previously in a too-cold garage (it's snowing here now) and was at 6C. When it warms up to about 12C I'll pull it out of the fridge ad wrap it up in a couple of blankets to try and maintain it at a decent Lagering temp.
upload_2021-2-8_22-26-53.png
upload_2021-2-8_22-28-33.png

After doing two brews the other day (Friday) I had my second Tilt delivered today so I am able to fill up my Fermentation Fridge. Until, that is, the Hellish Camden kicks off fermenting - it was previously in a too-cold garage (it's snowing here now) and was at 6C. When it warms up to about 12C I'll pull it out of the fridge ad wrap it up in a couple of blankets to try and maintain it at a decent Lagering temp.
View attachment 14164View attachment 14165
Nice looking fermenters! Curious as to why your spigots pointing in that direction?

Well it's for two reasons... 1: stops any drips that may come out and 2. I can spray Starsan down into it so I know it is sterile. The outer body of the tap is easily rotated - it doesn't unscrew or loosen - it also means I don't catch it on anything when dragging it out of the fridge. There is a right angled brass fitting in the bung at the top of the pipe leading to the bubble trap - this gives me just enough room to get both fermenters in the fridge. The device on the lower level shelf is my CO2 gas injector that I use to purge the air out of the top of the fermenter when I drop in the Tilt. Probably not needed but it is belt and braces. I try to reduce all possibilities of contamination if I can - until I can be sure I know what I'm doing after many brews under my belt. I hate wasting beer lol

Here is mine. It's a 3 vessel electric e-herms (Kal Clone) using my Sabco keggles and my old propane gas system stand. Works flawlessly and is a pleasure to brew on. View attachment 14329
Makes we want go for a swim while the mash is resting / boil is rolling!! Mind if I use this photo for Brewer's Friend Social Media?

Back