Random thought for the day

For the kitchen renovation I purchased a sliding miter saw. Of course I read the directions....eventually:rolleyes:. I'd like to know whose the idiot (and I hope it's only one) who gave the lawyers a reason to add this warning: "Never touch blade or other moving parts during use"?

For the kitchen renovation I purchased a sliding miter saw. Of course I read the directions....eventually:rolleyes:. I'd like to know whose the idiot (and I hope it's only one) who gave the lawyers a reason to add this warning: "Never touch blade or other moving parts during use"?
Probably this :
5809f97d32b47efd5eb094800bd86fee.gif

The problem is that if you do NOT warn of the danger and its potential consequences, any idiot that does it has a viable legal case against the manufacturer. Such is the American legal system, unsurprisingly created by politicians who are ... lawyers.

The problem is that if you do NOT warn of the danger and its potential consequences, any idiot that does it has a viable legal case against the manufacturer. Such is the American legal system, unsurprisingly created by politicians who are ... lawyers.

Very true. Years ago, when I stuck my finger into the running blade of a hedge-trimmer*, it didn't take the warning label telling me not to do that very thing, that kept me from contacting a lawyer. I knew darn well who the idiot was that day :oops:

The same ones that tell you not to use a lawnmower to trim hedges!
* Note: It was a proper hedge-trimmer and not a lawn mower used as a hedge trimmer :D

Ah yeah like that one "don't put a loaded gun to your head and pull the trigger"

Oh I suppose they can't sue you after that:eek:

Probably the same idiot that came up with side effects may include genitals falling off etc., etc. LOL

And it hadda be at least 2 idiots lifting up that lawnmower! What's that De-motivational poster to never under estimate the power of people to do stupid things in large numbers?

I kinda liked the idea of using the mower to trim the hedges. Maybe with real tall tires and stilts to walk behind the mower.

Better yet! I can just sit back drinking Bunyip and just watch my hedges get a trimming.

Reading about what @Trialben is going through to sprout and dry malt for a few gallons, how does Budweiser malt for millions of gallons?
Do the sprout the grain in one big vessel?

Reading about what @Trialben is going through to sprout and dry malt for a few gallons, how does Budweiser malt for millions of gallons?
Do the sprout the grain in one big vessel?
Automation ;).

Oh and a heap of Don's behind the scenes crunching the numbers and nutting out innovative ways for flawless streamlined button pushing production :D!

Back