Random thought for the day

So, if you have to put your bottle of gin in the fridge to get a remotely cold gin & tonic, does that mean it's hot outside?
View attachment 22793
:eek::eek::eek:!
I bet a pot of boiling wort is as far from your mind as a hot Christmas pudding in them temperatures.

Hang in there Zambezi!

As Roadie said, luckily the nights are still coolish...
But only for a limited number of hours (like around 4 in the morning)
Rains are close so getting real muggy
Screenshot_20221025-094634.png

I have to admit it is on the hot side (understatement using British English).
But as long as the gin and the tonic is cold, and plentiful, it's jolly good :p

Seriously, it's freaking hot and I got no aircon. Dogs are on and under wet blankets during daytime.
You'll learn to deal with it as there's no choice
How warm is the water?

I'm not suggesting swimming, but a solar pump to a heat exchanger with a fan. Unless the water is also 35C?

River water is about 24-25 oC.
Water in my overhead tank probably 33 or so.
More panels & extra pump is in the planning. Currently using a petrol water pump and trying not to run it too much.

I can handle the heat pretty well, esp when the RH is low. When humidity comes up, it's more of an issue, but bearable

River water is about 24-25 oC.
Water in my overhead tank probably 33 or so.
More panels & extra pump is in the planning. Currently using a petrol water pump and trying not to run it too much.

I can handle the heat pretty well, esp when the RH is low. When humidity comes up, it's more of an issue, but bearable
I understand and agree about the petrol pump.

My thinking - a little crazy maybe - is to run river water through a heat exchanger (think automobile radiator) with a fan behind. This will give you 25 + 3 = 28 C air with also lowered humidity. That might not be enough to make it worthwhile, but then again, especially in the humidity, It might be worth it. You can certainly keep one room, like a bedroom, a little bit cooler and dryer than the rest of the place.

Maybe not this month but perhaps eventually.

Perhaps ground water is cooler? A 10 meter well might be the thing. You can "dig" it yourself. Getting the pipe and Wellpoint might be a challenge though.

Sorry, but my engineering mind just can't help but solve problems. My wife says sometimes the problems I solve are smaller than the problems I create.
A vicious Cycle be careful it might be a closed loop system you just can't escape like a matrix style scenario but with no beer:eek:!

Sorry, but my engineering mind just can't help but solve problems. My wife says sometimes the problems I solve are smaller than the problems I create.
That’s an engineer’s job, to solve problems no one else even knows exist in ways they cannot possibly understand.

At Toronto Pearson International waiting to fly out to Cozumel for the week, which is not the random thought, but it is so strange to look outside to clear skies, and pretty much no snow on the ground, but just an hour South down the road in Buffalo they are in the middle of a snowmageddan! They have received up to as much as 6 feet of snow in the last couple of days, and it is still snowing!

At Toronto Pearson International waiting to fly out to Cozumel for the week, which is not the random thought, but it is so strange to look outside to clear skies, and pretty much no snow on the ground, but just an hour South down the road in Buffalo they are in the middle of a snowmageddan! They have received up to as much as 6 feet of snow in the last couple of days, and it is still snowing!
:eek: Here's hoping @SabreSteve is managing.

Yeah, don't miss that part of the North.

Now I know how you Canadians deal with the cold and snow! Smart!
That is actually kind of funny because Buffalo is not in Canada! We would welcome the poor souls with open arms though;)

Random thought today was: what the heck!
I've had the odd trip on my solar system. No logic to it. Trip, re-set, all fine.
Well not fine, but very difficult to find.
So yesterday system trips. Re-set, trips again.. OK, not nice but now we can go find it.
Turn the groups off. Re-set. Group 1 on. All fine. Group 2 on, trip.
Go to sockets in group 2.
Take out light plug. Trip
Take out extension lead with phone chargers. Trip
Getting worried now. Remaining is the freezer and fridge. Unplug. Trip
Ouch. Maybe all sockets on group 2?
Surely it cant be the little adapter (from UK to euro plug)?
Take out anyway. No trip :)
Put fridges back. No trip
Light back. No trip.
Looks good.

So today I decide to take the adapter apart
IMG_20221216_142856.jpg

And inside I find a 4-5 cm long gecko. Alive!
And a 2 cm mummy and some gekko eggs.
IMG_20221216_141723.jpg

What the heck!

Back