Random Photos.

Getting close to full moon
IMG_20230202_190257.jpg

Wowie that's a biggun!

I know of two types in Aus one in Queensland we used to call upside down trees.

And the other up in the Kimberley west Aus that grow big like that one behind you Zambezi.

Back in the day Police used to use them as prison trees and lock up local aboriginals in them to await trial.

Yup some have large caverns inside them you can easily walk around in.

image.jpg
The view from my kitchen window, on a beautiful mid winter evening. Hummingbirds visit regularly, and sit leisurely, except to sit for photos.
It is interesting to view the sky from a new perspective. Every sunrise and sunset, and all that happens in between is new, at least for the first year.

Last edited:
View attachment 24148 The view from my kitchen window, on a beautiful mid winter evening. Hummingbirds visit regularly, and sit leisurely, except to sit for photos.
It is interesting to view the sky from a new perspective. Every sunrise and sunset, and all that happens in between is new, at least for the first year.
I hope that you are happy with where you ended up buddy!

I hope that you are happy with where you ended up buddy!
Yes, indeed. This morning, on a whim, the wife and I went for a nice drive, making a nearly 200 mile loop under mostly clear skies on a beautiful day. We went to a renowned bakery for breakfast, drove along the Umpqua River, one of the prime river fisheries in the United States. At Reedsport, we turned north on Highway 101, driving through coastal dunes and their many armed lakes. At Florence, we stopped for lunch and a drink, and a nice walk along the Siuslaw River. Then we drove a little farther north to take a nice stroll on the soft, blowing sands of Heceta Beach. Then we made our way home. It was a fine day here in central Oregon.

On a walk in the neighbourhood this morning and this is what I saw walking up the footpath
20230212_063209.jpg

He's just strutting along I'm on the road then we both stopped to check out this 2 legged creature :p
20230212_063221.jpg

Seeing I'm not a threat he/she started to preen
20230212_063307.jpg

I said Good morning and off I went.

Curlew it is.
When they cry in the night it sounds like a spirit or a child crying quite eeery.
Honestly haven't seen one around here for awhile.

On a walk in the neighbourhood this morning and this is what I saw walking up the footpath View attachment 24180
He's just strutting along I'm on the road then we both stopped to check out this 2 legged creature :pView attachment 24181
Seeing I'm not a threat he/she started to preenView attachment 24182
I said Good morning and off I went.

Curlew it is.
When they cry in the night it sounds like a spirit or a child crying quite eeery.
Honestly haven't seen one around here for awhile.
Looks like what we call a black crowned night heron, but I could be wrong.
Anyway, thanks for sharing. I love birds.

Back