Random Photos.

I've been out in 8m waves for a short time (it took a few hours to turn around)

You're probably getting close to that condition now. Duluth, and up the North Shore is getting slammed with snow and wind. If you have the right kind of wetsuit you could be surfing now. ;)

You're probably getting close to that condition now. Duluth, and up the North Shore is getting slammed with snow and wind. If you have the right kind of wetsuit you could be surfing now. ;)
Not a wetsuit but Drysuit... Don't surf but it is a big wave day.

Tettegouche State Park (Nathan Klock photo):
bigwaveday.jpg

The view in my side yard this morning. A couple inches of wet snow, and expecting about 4 more today.
@FrostyBeach, you having fun with the foot or two you've been getting? :)

We got about 20 inches (~50cm) of very wet snow and now it's supposed to rain today. I do love winter. If my leg would let me I'd make a snow sculpture. Here's an older one:
IMG_2151.jpg

Nice selection. I have a few of those.

Blue sky again, but hardly any water in the river.
Loadshedding has started in the capital. 12 hours a day :(

Wow! Worse than the power cuts is the impact on the fish used to feed many low income people. In past zoom calls or forum threads you mentioned renting out boats. Does this impact your business as well?

To a limited extent.
Launching boats is not possible as most slipways don't reach the deep water, but my boats are already in and we can still move. Gotta be careful though of rocks and hippo.
Less water, same amount of hippo, so higher concentration.
I'm lucky as I got deep channel in front of me so I still got water. A friend of mine (couple km downstream has to get water by bucket as his pump inlet is out of the water)
We are in the rainy season, but it takes time for the water of the swamps in the North to get here.

But I wouldn't so much blame this on climate change, but mainly on sheer incompetance :(

Back